Sign in to follow this  
ErnieAlston

Navstar 99 & GPS Problem

I have used Navstar 99 FMC for about five years for a variety of purposes. Recently, I upgraded my primary computer (800 Mhz) for a new 3.06 HT. After moving several files and aircraft from the old computer to the new, Navstar 99 is now asking for a Registration ID and Password on the new computer. Unfortunatley, I no longer have this information and the developer David Drouin appears long gone. So, it looks like I have Navstar 99 on the old computer with registration and password, and Navstar 99 on the new computer that times out after 30 minutes. The old computer has been reassigned to WideFs add-on duties such as FSMETEO, etc. I would be happy to run Navstar 99 through WideFs, but it does not appear this is possible since it runs through the panel.cfg and I don't believe one can operate FS and WideFS simultaneously on the same computer. I certainly wish there was some sort of professional and realistic stand-alone GPS equipment available for transport type aircraft. Reality-XP with the 530 are great for GA, but not too realistic for older types like RFP B742 and Flight1 DC9 that may have been upgraded with some sort of GPS. Any ideas around the Navstar problem would be greatly appreciated.

Your Navstar RegId and password can be retrieved from the registry of your old computer.HKEY_CURRENT_USERSSoftwareNavstar SimulationNCUConfigRegardsErnie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Thanks. Could you give me a bit of a hand from here ? Im not sure exactly what to do.

In windows go to start/run and type 'regedit'the select the folders and work your way down to the Navstar SimulationNCUConfig folder.HKEY_CURRENT_USERSSoftwareNavstar SimulationNCUConfigIn the config folder you will see the password and regid values.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg