Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

Potential Buyer

As far as I could see there is no Demo version. So I just had a few questions. First, I saw the engine start video and noticed the crew started 3 and 4 then 1 and 2. Is there anyways to change the start sequence to 1 and 4 then 2 and 3? Next, I use FSPassengers. Will FS2Crew interfere with it? Or could I even use this as a replacement since I mainly use it for the cabin crew announcements (like the safety review and landing announcements)?Finally, can I choose what items the CO actually controls and also what callouts they makes? e.g. 80kts,V1,VR,V2 (I use the PMDG callouts)From what I've seen, it looks very impressive. What's even more impressive is the price. I would expect something like this to cost at least 50% more.EDIT: I also use Radar Contact. I doubt it but will that be a problem as well?Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

>As far as I could see there is no Demo version. So I just>had a few questions. First, I saw the engine start video and>noticed the crew started 3 and 4 then 1 and 2. Is there>anyways to change the start sequence to 1 and 4 then 2 and 3? >The airline SOPs being modelled call for the engine pairs to be started 1&2 and 3&4. Physically I don't know if you can or cannot start a pair on opposite wings, I presume so.>>Finally, can I choose what items the CO actually controls and>also what callouts they makes? e.g. 80kts,V1,VR,V2 (I use the>PMDG callouts)Not really, with very few exceptions the FO does what he does and that's really it. If you use FS2Crew you'll want to use the FS2Crew speed callouts as they're more detailed anyway.>>From what I've seen, it looks very impressive. What's even>more impressive is the price. I would expect something like>this to cost at least 50% more.It's well worth it! :-)>>EDIT: I also use Radar Contact. I doubt it but will that be a>problem as well?It shouldn't be, I did my FS2Crew beta testing with RC v4 and had no issues. Good luck!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>Finally, can I choose what items the CO actually controls and>also what callouts they makes? e.g. 80kts,V1,VR,V2 (I use the>PMDG callouts)I wanted to do the same (Remove the FS2crew callouts (PMDG) but I don't think you can so I stopped the PMDG V1,VR,V2 etc callouts and steve the first officer does a fine job of it instead. Also nice to have a single voice and not multipe FO voices.>EDIT: I also use Radar Contact. I doubt it but will that be a>problem as well?I use PMDG 744, FS2crew, Radar contact 4, Activesky 6.5 the same time and have no problemsI am going to look into FSPassengers aswell so an I await and answer to your FSP question also.Jay

>The airline SOPs being modelled call for the engine pairs to>be started 1&2 and 3&4. Physically I don't know if you can or>cannot start a pair on opposite wings, I presume so.I saw in the PMDG procedures that the engines are normally sarted in 1,4 and 2,3 pairs. And is that for all airlines? Maybe in a future version you could make that an option. Anyway, I've downloaded FS2Crew and am about to pay for it. You've both convinced me!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Hey everyone,I'm flying my first flight now and I must say I am very impressed (and lost, but I'm working on that one.) Two things though. 1. My bulk cargo door is open and I tried to close it with the key commands but it isn't working. Any thing else I can try?2. My name isn't John. I know I can't easily fix this, but perhaps not mentioning names in the next update/version could be done. Also, could you maybe put in an option to have a female copilot or have it randomly switch? Just a thought.Another question. If I'm flying to an airport that isn't listed, what do I do?Thanks for such a wonderful product!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Hello Ryan,Glad to hear you like it.1. Cargo door: Double check your PMDG Keyboard assignments. Make sure they match up with the Keyboard assignments as described in the FS2Crew manual.FS2Crew controls the doors by sending keypresses (just as if you were making the keypress yourself).Also, install the Update from the FS2Crew website, Downloads Page.www.fs2crew.com2. John: I know, but it's not practical to have everyone's name as a possibility. John is pretty generic and a lot of cultures have variations of John. In future versions I may simply revert back to "Captain", even thought that's pretty stuffy and formal and not very realistic.3. Airports: If it's not listed, the simulation is not affected. Just use "Generic" for the selection. There are no adverse affects.All the best,Bryan

>2. John: I know, but it's not practical to have everyone's>name as a possibility. John is pretty generic and a lot of>cultures have variations of John. In future versions I may>simply revert back to "Captain", even thought that's pretty>stuffy and formal and not very realistic.Well, I was thinking that you don't have to even put "Captain". You could just have, for example, "Okay, I've just finished the walk around" or "Can I have the before taxi checklist". No names are mentioned at all and it certantly isn't formal. What about the female copilot option? It isn't imperitive; I've just become accustom it a female voice running ATC in Radar contact or the Default ATC.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg