Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

Way to Disable Warning Callout

Hi Everyone,I was flying the LDA 26L into PHNL today and I came in a bit high so I wouldn't dip my wing into Mamala Bay during my final turn. After the turn I made a quick decent to touchdown. Through out the last few moments, Steve was calling out, "Decent Rate" the whole time. Is there anyway to disable that? (Aside from not decending quickly.)He also calls out, "taxi speed" when I go over 27kts. I was on a long straight taxiway and was trying to save time. I've been on a few aircraft that did that in real life so I know it happens. (Once I on a Hawaiian flight that was doing at least 40kts in Hilo.)Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Thanks anyway. BTW, I have another problem I just found. My APU Bleed Valve always has a fault when I shut down at the gate. It never opens. Then when ground air is connected, it never supplies air to the aircraft. I only have this problem after FS2Crew was installed.I notice the valve is automatically open when I load the panel state. Should I leave it open during the flight? I usually close it after I shut down the APU. Also, how do I leave the APU on after start if I need it for takeoff?Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Hello Ryan,I'll let Cowpatz answer this one, however, my feeling is that the APU Bleed Valve is usually left in the on position. I'll double check my notes, but I recall Cowpatz saying the the APU bleed valve is left in the on position, and when he receives the a/c that's how the switch is positioned.Also, why would you need the APU ever takeoff? You have many engines and many sources of bleed air.As for your fault, not sure.-Bryan

Since I fly BAW, I follow their procedures for takeoffs in warm weather. They shut off packs 1 and 3, close the isolation valves, and use the APU to run pack 2. About the BAW SOP, that's also why I asked about starting the engines from the outboard inward in another post.As for the fault, I'll check with PMDG...in the morning.Night all.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Ryan the airline operating procedures FSCrew is based upon do not normally operate into such warm climates. The OAT has to be above 37 degress before an APU to pack takeoff is required. Under normal circumstances the packs are turned off lining up. The APU bleed valve is always left OPEN. There is no need to close it. There is a check valve which prevents higher eng bleed pressure from heading off to the APU. In your case the reason the APU bleed valve is not opening, on shutdown, is because you have closed it after start. The only time the APU bleed valve needs to be closed is by Emerg/abnormal checklist or grnd maint procedures.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Thanks for the info. I did used to shut off the APU valve with shut down with no problem before but I didn't know you were supposed to leave it on in the first place. As for the APU to Pack takeoff, I don't use that procedure frequently; only when I fly London to Sydney via Singapore or Bangkok and not every time. But like I said, I follow BAW's procedures, not an "international SOP". Everyone does everything a little differently; just like the start sequence.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Hi RyanThe packs procedures follow Steve's airline's procedure.Be careful if you self-reconfigure because after takeoff the the FO/PNF will automatically attempt to bring the packs backs on-line.If you've positioned the switches such that they are in a different position than FS2Crew thinks they should be in, you could wind up with a weird packs configuration.Cheers,Bryan