Sign in to follow this  
Guest genetarca

FMC CRUISE not responding

Guest genetarca

Maybe this is a not so smart question but..where is TOD...is that the segment of a flight where the cruise alt now turns to a much lower alt and descent on the LEGS (FMC)???And Why the plane doesn't go to descent considering i filled in all proper FMC data. theplane doesn't do descent (i armed VNAV/LNAV)(based on the default flight RKSI-RJAA)and in the DES FORCAST- i can't change the TRANS ALT frm fl 180(18000ft)to FL140 (14000ft)???and in the TAKEOFF..its calc onthe FMC to use trim 5.3 while in the checklist run up the captain says it will be on 5.5 zero and zero, and what does "zero and zero" means?and inthe approach mode i entered flps and showedthe proper v speeds..but the wind correction does not come out?? in the App Brfngtheres a data like wind spd corrention sort of..with a value of '5'..is it 5 always?thank you!

>Maybe this is a not so smart question but..where is TOD...is>that the segment of a flight where the cruise alt now turns to>a much lower alt and descent on the LEGS (FMC)???TOD is where the FMS has calculated the ideal time to start decent.>And Why the plane doesn't go to descent considering i filled>in all proper FMC data. theplane doesn't do descent (i armed>VNAV/LNAV)>(based on the default flight RKSI-RJAA)You have to set a lower altitude on the MCP for it to decend, the FMS wont just decend the aircraft when it feels like it without you knowing, plus it should give to a warning to change the MCP Alt near TOD.>>and in the DES FORCAST- i can't change the TRANS ALT frm fl>180(18000ft)>to FL140 (14000ft)???Have you tryied just typing 14000 and upscaling that?>>and in the TAKEOFF..its calc onthe FMC to use trim 5.3 while>in the checklist run up the captain says it will be on 5.5>zero and zero, and what does "zero and zero" means?5.5 is just a generical trim horizonal stab value, I guess FS2crew can't read from trim gauge or the FMC calculated trim setting.Zero and Zero is Zero rudder and alerion trim settings

Guest genetarca

uhh i did that typing 14000 but it says INVALID ENTRY or something..

>Hi,>>Try: 140>>If you still get an invalid entry for the FMC, I might suggest>posting on the Level-D support forum. The FMC stuff is in>their court.>>All the best,>>Bryan He posted this in the PMDG edition forum so I assume he means a PMDG aircraft. :)