Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Help major stutters after upgrade

hi all i upgraded my computer to a AMD 2100+ with 512 meg of 2700 DDR mem and a Geforce 4 128 meg 4200 card, i have the 30 something driversinstalled, at the runway i was getting good frame rates with the PSS panel and a 747 meljet singapore plane,however when i was coming into land into KLAX and i used fly by view, i got TERRIBLE stuttersit was bad as my Geforce 2 MX 64 meg card.Also when i go in external view and see the plane from the outside inflight, the writing on the plane like the "singapore airlines" is all blur.Also when i click on Enable Anti Alasing and go in full screen mode and then click the ALT key to get my menus on top of the screen, FS2002 freezes, i can only access the menus on the top in full screen mode with AA off.Finally i get these random pauses when in flight, its like when i am using my mouse, there are these pauses, when i move my mouse again the pauses go away,please help!

Try updating your controller chip drivers, i.e., VIA, Intel, SiS, AMD, ALi.Also, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the graphics adapter drivers. I recommend the 40.72 or 41.09. Visit http://www.guru3d.com/ for the proper procedures, especially for Win98/ME, for removing remnants of old drivers from your hardrive and registry.