Sign in to follow this  
OMillerJr

is it possible to refuel your plane in FS2k2?

Hello all, A quick question about realism and such. Is it possible to refuel your plane in Flight Simulator 2002 Pro edition? Me and a buddy were plotting a course to take us from Los Angeles Int. to JFK Int. then down to Atlanta then over to the Bahamas. Is it possible to refuel or will I need to use the "unlimited fuel" button checked? We planned on using F-14s and P-38s. Him in the F-14 and me in my fav. bird the P-38. But as you all know these planes DO NOT have the capacity to hold the fuel required. So is it possible to refuel at all? If not that's the #1 thing MS needs to add in the next version. TopdogP.S. We don't have FS2002 yet. Planning on getting it this comin weekend and were interested to know before hand. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Many of the airports in FS2k2 have a fuel area marked by a bright yellow stripe, shaped in a square. If you taxi to the area, stop and shut down in the box, your aircraft will be refueled to the level you started with.Rick

Thanks Rick. I appreciate it. It's good to see they added that in FS2002. I know FS95 & 98 didn't have that. I have both and a ton of add-ons but never found a way to refuel so good to see they put that in. :D Thanks again. Topdog

Hi Topdog,As mentioned in a previous reply, just pull into the yellow square at any airport that has one, and you will be refueled. I don't think a shutdown is necessary, just pull in, stop, set your parking brakes and watch your fuel gauges.BTW, this was also available in FS98, I used it a lot.Cheers,Bob

>> Thanks Rick. I appreciate it. It's good to see they added >that in FS2002. I know FS95 & 98 didn't have that. I have >both and a ton of add-ons but never found a way to refuel so >good to see they put that in. :D Thanks again. >> Topdog Actually, both of those mentioned versions DID have the refueling box, as did MSFS5 (of which I owned/own). They just didn't have a whole lot of airports like they do now.

Flight Sim has always had the refueling method of pulling into the yellow fuel box and shutting down ever since the FS1.0 on the Commodore 64/Amiga/Atari/TRS-80 in the late 70's. Actually I don't even think you have to shut down. Just come to a complete stop wait a few seconds and your fuel tanks are topped off.It was the only way to refuel back then because they didn't have pull down menu's and dialog boxes like FS does today.But if you wanted to fly from Chicago to Los Angeles you were screwed because there were no airports once you left the Chicago area until you got to the Los Angeles area.Woodreau

It's been my experience that when you pull into the yellow box your fuel tanks are always filled up. Not so good if you are taking a short hop. I always stay away from the yellow box and use the pull down menu 'Aircraftfuel' and put in the desired amouunt.Also, you have to be carefull about just getting too close to the yellow boxes. I've encounterd many instances of going to a full tank of fuel just by passing too close to one of them when taxiing.