Sign in to follow this  
Guest poschrob

First flight, some observations

Guest poschrob

Hello,first of all, let me congratulate Bryan for this amazing add-on. Simply fantastic.I've just finished my first flight from LHR to Dubai, it was great apart from 3 smaller issues.1. Sometimes nothing happens when I press the STD button upon reaching TA or TL. This time it was at TL. Had to use the ctrl+tab+L combination for it.2. The copilot didn't turn ON the landing lights after passing 10.000 ft on the descent.3. After starting FS2Crew, everything seemed to work fine except for the L1 door, which didn't open. I had to open it manually.Any ideas?Robert

Guest poschrob

Hello,yes, of course I have.I've checked the required key assig. for the STD button several times, and as the ops manual says, it's ctrl+tab+L. As I said, sometimes the normal method (click on STD) works, sometimes not.Regards,Robert

Hello Robert,Are you running any addons (like Squawkbox) that may intercept keypresses if their text entry window is in focus?If it works sometimes, but not all the time, that's my only possible theory.The way it works is that FS2Crew places a transparent gauge over the STD button. So when you press the STD button, you are not press the PMDG clickspot area, you are pressing the FS2Crew click spot area.When you press the FS2Crew click spot area, FS2Crew sends a keypress to the PMDG (CTRL TAB L) just as if you were making the keypress yourself.So you can see how if something was intercepting keypresses, the STD button would not getting pushed.EDIT: Double check your FSUIPC Hot Keys if you have FSUIPC installed. Check for key conflicts there, too.Cheers,Bryan