Sign in to follow this  
Guest ariepaulus

P&W PW4062 Engines versus GE-CF6 Engines

Guest ariepaulus

Hi ColleaguesI have just bought FS2Crew two days ago and tried to fly the tutorial in the manual. The only difference was that I selected an aircraft with P&W PW4062 engines as I had the correct Korean Air livery for it.Everything worked as "advertised", except that the FP does not allow for EPR ratio's, only for N1 %. After taking off the aircraft began to climb at an abnormal angle & fpm, until it threatened to stall. While on autopilot with LNAV & VNAV selected the aircraft overshot the selected altitude by a large margin, and then started to "oscillate up & down", with increasing airspeed when descending and decreasing airspeed while climbing. Selecting FLCH made no difference.I then tried it with the GE-CF6 engines and everything was normal.My setup was as follows: Win XP Prof Version 2002 Service Pack 2 / AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 3800+ 2.01 GHz, 2GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS / FS9 / PMDG747 fully updated / FS2Crew Start Centre updated / FS Commander & Activesky running from a networked computer via WideFSMy questions are two:1. Does FS2Crew not work with the P&W engines?2. Is there a logical explanation for this phenomenon?Kind regards,Arie Verburgh

Hello Arie,FS2Crew is meant for use with the GE's. The airline who we modeled for the 747's procedures does not use P & W's if memory serves correct.As for the altitude overshoot and oscillations, you might want to post that on the PMDG 747 aircraft forum. FS2Crew doesn't touch any of the aircraft internals or modify its handing characters.Personally, though, it almost sounds like a trim issue? Hard to say.Cheers,Bryan