Sign in to follow this  
Guest steels214

exception version mismatch

Guest steels214

HelloI'm trying to use simconnect to talk to fsx. I'm just using the examples that came with the sdk. The problem is that when I call Simconnect_Open(), I get an Exception_Version_Mismatch. Does anyone know how I can fix this?Thanks

>Hello>>I'm trying to use simconnect to talk to fsx. I'm just using>the examples that came with the sdk. The problem is that when>I call Simconnect_Open(), I get an>Exception_Version_Mismatch. Does anyone know how I can fix>this?>>ThanksYou're using the beta, right? Have you followed the instructions to move the needed files over, like the SimConnect.xml file in the :Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSX folder?

Guest steels214

Well here's my setup. I'm running fsx beta III from my e: drive because of lack of space on the c:. "E:Flight Sim fsx.exe". I put the simconnect.xml in my "C:Documents and SettingsaliasApplication DataMicrosoftFSX" without making any changes. Then I put the simconnect.ini in the "My DocumentsFlight Simulator X Files". Here're the first couple lines from the simconnect diagnostic program when I run my Open_Connection program: --------------------- 0.00000 SimConnect version 0x00000001 144.364 [63, 1] <144.37 [63] >>>>> EXCEPTION=5, SendID=0, Index=4 <<<< --------------------- And "SIMCONNECT_RECV* pData->dwVersion" is the value 1. And ideas on what I'm not doing? Thanks

Ok, that is interesting.Is this happening when you try to create a connection with SimConnect_Open or is some other time?I ask because the "Index=4" part is referring to the parameter that cause the exception to be thrown.

Guest steels214

yes, I debugged and that shows up in the diagnostic right after Open() is called. And I'm just using the code from the sdk. I'm not looking at the code right now but I think the 4th parameter is either null or 0.

Do you have a manifest file, or the manifest built-in as a resource in your program? I've not tried any external programs using SimConnect yet, only DLLs, and if they don't have a correct manifest SimConnect won't even load them -- so it never gets as far as an error on 'Open'.If you've not got a manifest then I suspect SimConnect does its version checks when you try to Open, and not finding a matching manifest, fails as you see. I'm not sure why it refers the the 5th parameter (#4) though.There's a manifest included in the SimConnect.h file, and when you compile this should be produced as an external file ".exe.manifest", which you should place with your program, or optionally have it built-in as a Resource (I think only MSVS2005 does the latter automatically, otherwise you need to find the utility mt.exe).RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guest qurious

External programs behave the same way as DLLs, if the manifest is missing they can not find the SimConnect DLL and will not be able to connect to FSX.The x80000003 may be a clue to what the real problem is, but I can't find any details about it in the doco.I would double check the content of the configuration files at this point, but I doubt that they are the problem. Interesting though ...

>External programs behave the same way as DLLs, if the>manifest is missing they can not find the SimConnect DLL and>will not be able to connect to FSX.Oh, right -- so that must be dealt with in the LIB code.>The x80000003 may be a clue to what the real problem is, but I>can't find any details about it in the doco.It may be a path problem -- System error 3 is "ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND" and the top bit is probably some priority flag.Regards,Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guest steels214

I followed the instructions in the sdk/config readme.txt for the myprogram.exe.manifest file and its a no-go.I've had all three betas so far. Maybe I'm using an old cfg file or something. Tomorrow I'll reinstall fsx onto my c: drive and see what happens.Thanks all

Guest steels214

Well. I re-installed fsx and realized that some of the files I was using was from a previous version. So now I'm SimConnected.Thanks

Update your FSX install as you can. It will help us if you tell us what version of FSX you are running right now.

I use fsx  deluxe version 10...build 60905.0

I install vpilot software and run it..so when I run my fsx and connect the vpilot ,,inside the vpilot box the shown "simconnect error:version_mismatch5"

Properly update your FSX with SP1 and SP2 from Microsoft.