Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Simconnect remote?

Hi,Has anyone tried yet to connect remotely to FSX by means of SimConnect and using C#?If yes, what has to be done regarding settings and objects?EDIT:Just to be sure... With 'remotely' I mean FSX runs on PC1 and VS-C# on PC2.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest qurious

I've tried it and it works fine ... all you need to do is:1. Install SimConnect.msi on PC2 (this is the sim connect client)2. Create the SimConnect.xml file on PC1 and edit it to allow connections from other boxes3. Create the Simconnect.cfg file on PC2 and edit it to connect to the first box4. Run FSX on PC15. Run your SimConnect client on PC1You don't need to change any code in your program, but you have to keep in mind that if you do things like 'load a flightplan' it will read the flightplan file on PC1, not PC2 (in other words, it won't send files over the SimConnect network connection).

Hi qurious,Thanks for your quick response!

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

>5. Run your SimConnect client on PC1Shouldn't step 5. be "run client on PC2?"BTW, what is the SXS directory from DVD1? I copied it underneath my FSX installation for now (for safe keeping) but something tells me that it's related to simconnect.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi,SXS means the Windows Side-by-Side assembly system, which SimConnect uses. You should find the SimConnect .DLL in that folder which ends up in a couple places in windows on FSX installation. You should not have to worry about any of that though (it's just the source for the installer). The client .DLL gets installed automatically where it needs to via the .msi.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest qurious

Yes, it should - thanks for spotting that !

Thanks Damian, as usual, your answers are always informative. :)

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest camtech

If i understand this simconnect correctly , can i add extra views on other coms that are connected thru the network.i using triplhead2go from my main server and that will get me the front view and the left front view and the right front view.and i want to use simmconnect to get the other views that i need using other computers .i hope i get this right.....Thanks.........Robert

Hi,You don't need SimConnect for this. FSX's built in multiplayer shared-cockpit system will do, and some have reported success in this same configuration you are describing. Just install FSX on the other machines, startup a direct multiplayer session, join the aircraft, setup your views and voila!You may need to consider the licensing aspect though... while some users report having activated FSX fine on 2 machines, a 3rd may require another copy/key. Technically I believe the EULA requires a separate license for each machine running it simultaneosly.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

Hi,I have one PC with FSX and it connects to VATSIM via FSINN. I then have three view computers which I am trying to connect to the same multiplayer session that FSInn starts with VATSIM.I tried to do as you suggested however when I tried to find the network that the first multiplayer was on I could not find that network from the three view computers.In FS9 I just pushed the search button in the multiplayer menu and it picked up the session right away. That does not seem to work in FSX. I also want to join as an observer in the three view computers. Is this possible?An explanation of how to accomplish this would be apprecaited.Matthew