Sign in to follow this  
Guest darrenthe747

FSX View point problem

Guest darrenthe747

Hello,just bought FSX and am in the process of tweaking it. I have hit one frustrating roadblock though. In the 2D cockpit view I cant shift the view of the horizon. When I am in straight and level flight as shown on the attitude indicator I can't see the horizon. I have to be pitched down like 10 degrees to see the horizon. In all previous versions of FS you could change this by pressing Shift+Enter or Shift+Backspace. These aren't working. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks a million,Darren

Guest SimDog

Hi Darren,I noticed that too but haven't looked in the kneeboard or keyboard assignments to see what the command is to raise the seat.I have noticed, and posted in the FSX forum, a problem with the views not aligning. If you look forward in 2d cockpit, then look to the quarter or side views, there is a big gap. I know in FS9 if you changed views the edges aligned very well from one view to the next.Sure makes approaches difficult when you see the runway pass out of the front view and look to the quarter view and see nothing.Regards,SD

Guest SimDog

Just checked again. No eye points are working. They are assigned to key commands but pressing the key command does nothing.Can anyone else verify this?Regards,SD

Guest darrenthe747

Hi SD,I am at work right now and have been unable to test this, but according to a post in a different forum this was offered:"Try Ctrl-Q and Ctrl-Shift-Q to move your "seat" up and down. Apparently it's now proportional so the speed of adjustment increases if you hold the keys down."http://www.airliners.net/discussions/aviat...ead.main/94800/Hopefully that works.... It sure does suck being like a little old lady in the cockpit unable to see over the glareshield.Darren

Bingo! That's the key to moving the view. You have to hold the key's down. Nice catch. Fitz

Guest d3h872

So, that's a handy one. Glad I found that here. Unfortunately, I have a problem. I'll set up my view perfectly, then every time I view another angle (such as using the hat switch to look left), the front-looking view has been reset.Any thoughts on how to retain the front-looking view settings without losing them every time I look somewhere?Thanks!

Guest darksiede

With my experience tweaking a few fs9 aircraft for better use in FSX, I discovered some settings in the aircraft.cfg file, which some (all?) of the FSX aircraft have to specify the default viewpoint height. Its logical to assume you could adjust that if its a default aircraft, or cut & paste it in, and adjust on a trial & error basis.Also of note, is the camera.cfg file, that globally specifies many of the camera views, and has a detailed SDK info package on making/altering camera views.~Dark