Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Is Netframework 2.0 Required to Run SIMConnect Programs?

Is Netframework 2.0 required to be installed to run SIMConnect programs in FSX? I have a SimConnect program and can't get it to work. I can't install NFW2.0.Thanks, regards, Bob.

Yep, SimConnect requires Net 2.0.If you installed FSX SDK before Net 2.0, you have to deinstall FSX SDK, install Net 2.0, and then reinstall FSX SDK.Why cant you install Net 2.0 ? Any error messages ?

>Yep, SimConnect requires Net 2.0.Just a point of clarification. That's actually only true for running SimConnect programs written in a managed (.NET) language and using the wrappers for managed clients. SimConnect programs written in C/C++ do not need Net 2.0 -- it's the wrapping that needs it. I've not got Net 2.0 installed on my main flying PCs and I am using FSUIPC4 and PFCFSX quite happily.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Pete. The exe file that I am trying to run was created using Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2005, according to the author. He stated that "the sample .cpp file for AI Objects was used as a template." So far I have not been able to run the subject file with any success. I am not a programmer and have no idea about SimConnect programs. I thought maybe the reason I could not run the exe file was that I did not have NFW2.0 installed. The file was whalesv1.zip over at Flightsim.com. Thanks, regards, Bob.

>The exe file that I am trying to run was created>using Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2005, according to the>author. He stated that "the sample .cpp file for AI Objects>was used as a template."It certainly should not need Net2.0 then. I've just downloaded it and looked. There's no dependency on Net2 at all. It loads and seems to run okay here, though I didn't go off looking for the whales. It is certainly calling SimConnect to create whales though -- I can see that from SimConnect logging.Oddly it's compiled as a Win32 console program, with a visible DOS-type window which doesn't do anything. He ought to hide that really. If you are running FSX in full screen mode you might not see it.>So far I have not been able to run>the subject file with any success.What errors do you get? Are you trying to run it directly? If you put the EXE.XML file he supplies into the same folder as your FSX.CFG file (and place the EXE in the new folder following his directions) then SimConnect will load it for you as FSX is loading. You will get a security warning and have to tell FSX to carry on and run it.RegardsPete

>The exe file that I am trying to run was created>using Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2005, according to the>author. He stated that "the sample .cpp file for AI Objects>was used as a template."It certainly should not need Net2.0 then. I've just downloaded it and looked. There's no dependency on Net2 at all. It loads and seems to run okay here, though I didn't go off looking for the whales. It is certainly calling SimConnect to create whales though -- I can see that from SimConnect logging.Oddly it's compiled as a Win32 console program, with a visible DOS-type window which doesn't do anything. He ought to hide that really. If you are running FSX in full screen mode you might not see it.>So far I have not been able to run>the subject file with any success.What errors do you get? Are you trying to run it directly? If you put the EXE.XML file he supplies into the same folder as your FSX.CFG file (and place the EXE in the new folder following his directions) then SimConnect will load it for you as FSX is loading. You will get a security warning and have to tell FSX to carry on and run it.RegardsPete

Hi Pete. Yes I followed his directions. I have the exe.xml in the same folder as the fsx.cfg and the exe file in the Addon SceneryAnimation folder which I created. I have tried flying out of Halifax Intl at 185

>Hi Pete. Yes I followed his directions. I have the exe.xml in>the same folder as the fsx.cfg and the exe file in the Addon>SceneryAnimation folder which I created.So, yuo get no errors? It should be running okay then.>I have tried flying>out of Halifax Intl at 185

>Hi Pete. Thanks for the GREAT help. Best regards, Bob.SimConnect%01u.Logfile_max_index=9RegardsPete

Guest ziporama

One note: XtoMDL is a .NET application on my machine, so I suspect that at least a few of the tools included with the SDK require .NET 2.0 to work properly. Simconnect however by itself does not require .NET unless you want to use the managed wrapper for it.Cheers,Etienne