Sign in to follow this  
Guest njflyer

Issue with Simconnect

Guest njflyer

Hello All,I am unable to get FSUIPC, ASV6, Feelthere ERJ, etc to work on my PC. It seems that Simconnect is not working properly (the firewall symptoms, however I am not running any firewalls, native XP or 3rd party)I worked with Peter Dowson sending simconnect logs and Peter identified the issue as Simconnect not talking back to FSUIPC. I installed the simconnect client from DVD1 but it is still not working. I am not too sure what else to do, it is clearly related to my install, but I dont know what else to look at; any TCP settings? TCP registry entries that might interfere with simconnect?Thank you in advance.Bruno

Guest puzzawup

I have the exact same problem with the same addons. I am very frustrated. As far as a log file I am not positive which one to provide. Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks,Scott

Guest njflyer

Here is the content of simconnect.log.. not too much0.00000 SimConnect version 0x000000021.60772 Panels data export found and set to 20A419904.18340 DLL Loaded: Path="ModulesFSUIPC4.dll" Version="4.0.5.0"> 22.28195 [63, 1]Open: Version=0x00000002 Name="FSUIPC4"Thanks againBruno

Guest ziporama

I had a few issues getting going with SimConnect. For starters, I was baffled that I had my laptop talking to my FSX PC after the setup of the simconnect configuration files when wired to the network, but not when wireless on my home hotspot. FSUIPC was blowing up, etc...That caused me some hair scratching, only to find out SimConnect didn't like the fact the laptop is on a separate subnet when wireless.There are a few things you may want to try:1) in the simconnect.cfg file in "My Documents", make sure that the IP of the server is used, and that the port number matches your server's listening port (see 2).2) In your simconnect.xml on your FSX machine, try setting the scope to global, setting the port number. Mine looks something like this now:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalseFalseAutoglobal

64172004096FalseThe scope in particular can really hose things up. I'd rely on firewalls to block the specific port number you want to use to prevent anyone from snooping.Also, your max receive size should match between the server and the client. 4096 is a bit on the low side.3) Not to state the obvious but, make sure the PC's security settings allow socket connections on the port you specify. Any firewalled port (software or hardware) will cause the behavior you describe, even if SimConnect runs client and server on the same machine. Things that block ports include some virus software and firewall software.Hope this helps,Etienne

Guest njflyer

Etienne,Thanks, I on a wireless network and changed my subnet range to non-standards. I cannot find a simconnect.xml on my PC, only a propsimconnect.xml. Should I try to install simconnect from the SDK?My simconnect.log is about 3Mb now and I cannot upload it to Avsim :(Thank you!Bruno

Guest njflyer

I found the xml file as part of the SDK, let me dig into it and see what I can do... Bruno

Guest ziporama

There are two components:1) The xml file is on your host PC (the FSX machine).2) The cfg file is on your client PC, and must be created AFTER you run the install program (simconnect.msi) on your client.The setup and configuration of both files is also documented in the html document found in the core utilities of your FSX SDK install folder.Hope this helps,Etienne