Sign in to follow this  
Guest eganm

Add Menu Items

Guest eganm

Hey All, I'm a learning programmer..in other words i'm trying to learn the C# language so i can write an addon for FSX. Anyways, I have a program that connects to simconnect and Fsx. But what I can't seem to do is have that program exist within Fsx and have a menu item within FSX for it. Ive spent hours trying to get the samples included with the SDK working and I must be missing something because I can't get them to work! I opened them with Microsoft C++ Express and they always contain errors. Anyway, any help with this would be very much appriciated. Thank you.

Guest Itchycoo

Hi,Try this one: enum EVENTS { EVENT_MENU_ONE, EVENT_MENU_TWO, }; enum MENU_GROUP_ID { GROUP_MENU };Put these lines into initClientEvent():simconnect.MapClientEventToSimEvent(EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_ONE, "");simconnect.AddClientEventToNotificationGroup(MENU_GROUP_ID.GROUP_MENU, EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_ONE, false);simconnect.MapClientEventToSimEvent(EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_TWO, "");simconnect.AddClientEventToNotificationGroup(MENU_GROUP_ID.GROUP_MENU, EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_TWO, false);simconnect.MenuAddSubItem(EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_MAIN, "1st Menuitem", EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_ONE, 10001); //I think 10001 can be any number, I tried this onesimconnect.MenuAddSubItem(EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_MAIN, "2nd Menuitem", EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_TWO, 10002);simconnect.SetNotificationGroupPriority(MENU_GROUP_ID.GROUP_MENU, SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_GROUP_PRIORITY_HIGHEST);You can put your code into simconnect_OnRecvEvent://1st menu selectedcase (uint)EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_ONE://Put your code here for the 1st menubreak;//2nd menu selectedcase (uint)EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_TWO://Put your code here for the 2nd menubreak;Don't forget to remove menuitems before disconnect:simconnect.MenuDeleteSubItem(EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_MAIN, EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_ONE);simconnect.MenuDeleteSubItem(EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_MAIN, EVENTS.EVENT_MENU_TWO);This code works for me.Endre

Guest eganm

Thanks for the reply, I had some problems with Simconnect and so couldn't try out what you suggested until today. To be honest I think my programming knowledge is too basic for this forum and I certainly don't wanna be one of those guys who just asks people to do it for them! So, if you can and don't mind helping me thanks and if not I understand. Anyways I couldn't get that code to work. No matter what I do it just won't compile for me with a huge amount of errors!! :( I think I have some basic things like where to put initclientevent() and things like that wrong. So a quick guide on this would be very helpful! Thanks.

>Thanks for the reply, I had some problems with Simconnect and>so couldn't try out what you suggested until today. To be>honest I think my programming knowledge is too basic for this>forum and I certainly don't wanna be one of those guys who>just asks people to do it for them! So, if you can and don't>mind helping me thanks and if not I understand. >Anyways I couldn't get that code to work. No matter what I do>it just won't compile for me with a huge amount of errors!! :(>>I think I have some basic things like where to put>initclientevent() and things like that wrong. So a quick guide>on this would be very helpful! Thanks. I don't want to use this forum to pimp my blog a bunch, but the whole point of my simconnect tutorials is to start beginner programmers off towards writing simconnect programs in C#, so it might be a place to look.Also, Tim posted a great find in this online beginners C# book:http://www.programmersheaven.com/2/CSharpBook

Guest DocMoriarty

And i noticed yesterday that in managed SimConnect (SP1) the data.uGroupID value upon receiving a menu event is not set to the correct group ID of the menu events. Instead i receive it with the UNKNOWN_GROUP like all other subscribed system events which cost me an hour since menu events were not recognized ...So as a good practice, don't assume that you'll receive any event with a correct group. Just use unique event IDs for your own stuff that don't interfere with system event id's to be on the safe side.