Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbumm

Disable joystick or send joystick input via simconnect ?

Guest rbumm

Hi, I'd like to disable / enable the joystick or a yoke from my addon. The only key event i found (JOYSTICK_CALIBRATE) is not working properly - although it says in the documentation that it toggles joystick on or off - it also does some kind of calibration. I need only "off" (for avoiding interference with non-centering joysticks in my autopilot) and "on" again after AP off. Any ideas avaliable ? Or is there a way to send joystick input data via simconnect ? rudolf

Hi Rudolf,I haven't tried the joystick calibrate method, but it's possible to intercept all joystick input before it gets to FSX by using Priority in SimConnect.Take a look at the joystick input example in the SDK docs, especially atMapInputEventToClientEvent, which allows you to point any input on your joystick to a client event, and SetInputGroupPriority which you can use to mask the input from even FSX itself.Just make sure you include the part where you map the client events you created to a Notification group, because then you can set the "maskable" flag AddClientEventToNotificationGroup. It's sort of a round about way of blocking the input from FSX, but it also leaves you open to be able to work with that data if you want. And otherwise, I don't know of any other way to cut off the joysticks.

Guest DocMoriarty

There is a settable simulation variable "User Input Enabled" which might work. I'm not sure whether this has to do with pause or a demo mode. Didn't play with it yet. SDK Doc is a tad unclear about it's purpose.

Guest rbumm

Hi, Thanks for these infos. I will try this and maybe report back with a source examplerudolf