Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbumm

LAT/LON of AI or Multiplayer planes via Simconnect ?

Guest rbumm

Hi, I'd like to analyse and display the LAT/LON of Multiplayer / AI airplanes around the current position of the plane and via Simconnect. Any suggestion where to start ? Is there an Index of the AI/MP planes in the simulation ? and a Function to retrieve the position as well as IAS, HDG etc ? Thanks for any answer guys and happy xmasrudolf

I believe the FSX SDK provides the traffic toolbox that can display the AI aircraft. You need to activate it.I don't believe AI aircraft are available during Multiplayer. I don't know of any simconnect addon(s) available for use in the manner you desire.W. Sieffert

Guest CocoLoco

I think the SimConnect function you are looking for is:SimConnect_RequestDataOnSimObjectTypeThis will return objects of a given type (or all objects) within a specified radius of the users plane. I don't know if it works in multiplayer but it does work fine in standalone mode. Once you have made this request, you need to repeatedly check the SimConnect message queue to get the objects.I have used this at an airport to get all the objects within a 200m radius and it works fine. I haven't tested it out to 200km as mentioned in the SDK docs.The associated SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition example shows you how to use this function to get some of the information you mentioned.Hope this helps

Guest rbumm

>I think the SimConnect function you are looking for is:>>SimConnect_RequestDataOnSimObjectType>>This will return objects of a given type (or all objects)>within a specified radius of the users plane. I don't know if>it works in multiplayer but it does work fine in standalone>mode. Once you have made this request, you need to repeatedly>check the SimConnect message queue to get the objects.>>I have used this at an airport to get all the objects within a>200m radius and it works fine. I haven't tested it out to>200km as mentioned in the SDK docs.>>The associated SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition example shows>you how to use this function to get some of the information>you mentioned.>>Hope this helps>>Funny - I found this function in the Simconnect SDK documentation yesterday and it works great !It delivers all aircraft, helicopter, ground object information in the range of up to 200 km. It is just what was required. Thanks for the reply !rudolf