Sign in to follow this  
rudder

not running

I have spent 2 " daze " trying to get fsuipc4 to run on my comp, the following is the log line that i keep getting?. " failed on simconnect_open, return=0x0004005:fsuipc4 cannot operate! retrying simconnect connection.I don't think it is fsuipc that is the prob?. My comp has not been setup to go on the web. I do not have any virus protection, or firewall turned on. I have looked at many forums, microsoft website and cannot find ref to this prob. the comp, that i use for fsx, is networked to this comp. Will appreciate any help i can get Thanks.

Thanks for your reply, i have read most of the threads on petes forum, did not find much in the way of simconnect not starting, I do not get any indication that fsuipc is at fault. Thanks again I will keep on trying. waiting for confirmation of my registration on petes forum, then I can ask him.

> " failed on simconnect_open, return=0x0004005:fsuipc4 cannot>operate!Are you sure that it isn't 0x80004005? If it is then it is the usual "unspecified error" which SimConnect returns when it isn't allowed to set up the TCP/IP link to FSX. It pretty much exclusively means that TCP communications are being blocked inside FSX by a security or firewall setting. This is one of the FSX problems listed in the "Read Me" notes installed with FSUIPC4.Please see http://www.fsinsider.com/Community/News-Ar...k-It-Or-Not.htm .RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

pete,you are correct,i missed the ( 8 ) 0x80006005, as i said in my post I am waiting for my regisration confirmation so i could post on your forum. i have read the insider info, and i have disabled the firwall. still get the error. thanks again for your response.

Hi pete, you are correct i missed the 8 (0x80004005).I have read the insider info and disabled the firewall, still get the error. as i said in my post i am waiting for my confirmation so i could post on your forum. Will keep trying. thanks again. Sorry for repeat?

Hi to all, looks like this nightmare is over!. had to do a complete reinstall of everything, windows xp, fsx, all of the drivers etc. I do not have any idea where the prob. was. seem like the error (0x80004005 ) covers a lot of ground. Have a good day.