Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Simconnect Tutorial For Dummies Wanted

Is there any tutorial that details, step by step, how to use the SimConnect SDK? I am not a programmer and the info in the SDK is written for someone who understands programming. It would be great if some expert could take one of the samples in the SDK and explain, in detail, how to set it up for neophytes and dummies like me. The tutorial should explain the ini file, the cfg file, the exe.xml file, the dll.xml file and the SimConnect.xml file,in detail,in plain English. There are excellent tutorials for aircraft painting that have pictures and detailed info on how to paint. A SimConnect Tutorial like these sure would be nice. Regards, Bob.

Now that I'm actually back home and gainfully unemployed again for a few weeks, I've got the next few SimConnect tutorials ready to go up.

Guest MikePowell

Looking forward to them.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comwww.mikesflightdeckbooks.com

>Looking forward to them.>>Mike>www.mikesflightdeck.com>www.mikesflightdeckbooks.comOk.So over the last month, I've dealt with a lot of travel, some illness (I do not recommend driving 15 hours straight the day after having a 103 degree fever...actually, I don't recommend the fever either), a lot of job issues (I'm a contractor which makes budget time fun and perilous) and some new exciting things happening with my life (hopefully these will pan out)...I have finally gotten part 4 of the tutorial up. Part 5 is ready to roll and I'll be putting it up this weekend, once I write out the rest of the blog post and error check it.

Guest MikePowell

Thanks, Brian. This material is quite helpful.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comwww.mikesflightdeckbooks.com

Thanks Mike.I appreciate it.I started diagramming out a system to create pilotable ground vehicles using SimConnect, and I think I'm going to do an advanced tutorial series on that. I won't forget about the base tutorials either.