Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marniftar

How read value from Simconnect EVENTS ?

Guest Marniftar

Hello ! I use simconnect events (ZOOM_PLUS ZOOM_MINUS) for my panning hardware device. If i send this event to simconnet then simconnect receive it and decrease or increase internal value ZOOM at one step. But "ZOOM" have value (in to RAM) from 0.30 to 200. How i can set my ZOOM value manally ? Or read current ZOOM value from FS ? I need manually set ZOOM to 3 value from my software:1 - ZOOM 0.332 - ZOOM 1.153 - ZOMM 10.4How i can do it ?---My example in VB6 for ZOOM increase at one step:SimConnect.MapClientEventToSimEvent 1,"ZOOM_UP"simconnect.AddClientEventToGroup 0,1,False simconnect.TransmitClientEvent 0,1,0,0,0,0It is worked , but increase ZOOM in one step. ( not set my value)Please explain me ! How i can read current ZOOM value or write my custom value to ZOOM ?

>Hello ! I use simconnect events (ZOOM_PLUS ZOOM_MINUS) for>my panning hardware device. If i send this event to simconnet>then simconnect receive it and decrease or increase internal>value ZOOM at one step. >But "ZOOM" have value (in to RAM) from 0.30 to 200. How i>can set >my ZOOM value manally ? Or read current ZOOM value from FS ?The Zoom plus and minus controls have always done this. The control (or event if you like) to set the Zoom level is called "VIEW_ZOOM_SET". The parameter is 64 for 1x. This was actually missing in all the Betas of Simconnect, but just made it into the main release.I don't know of any way to read the current Zoom level -- it is one of the deficiencies I have listed for SimConnect.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guest Marniftar

Thancs for help !Eent "VIEW_ZOOM_SET" work normally ! Thancs ! But i have more question about SMOOTH EFFECT and non documen variables and events!I can not find "VIEW_ZOOM_SET" event in all SDK ! It is a "non document" event ? Where are you taking this information about these events ? How get this list ?FSX have very good smooth effects on all AXIS. If i set sensitivites PAN_AXIS to 1 , my head turn vith very very smooth effect in virtual cocpit(or joystick) . Hmmmm. If i use SIMCONNECT events for turn head (6dof mode) or change value in any AXES i can not see smooth effects always ! ! ! HHhhmmmm :-(( It is a regress to FS9 ! Question ! How i can use SIMCONNECTS events or variables with smooth effec ? Do you find any variables directly in fsx.exe process for use changes AXIS with smooth effects ???

>I can not find "VIEW_ZOOM_SET" event in all SDK ! It is a>"non document" event ? Where are you taking this information>about these events ? How get this list ?I get all of the event names from the table in CONTROLS.DLL. If you have a registered copy of FSUIPC4 and go to the controls drop-downs in the Buttons and Keys assignment options, you will find this one listed too. The names listed there are the names from FSX's CONTROLS.DLL -- but there are additions implemented in FSUIPC4 too, so it isn't exclusively Sim Events listed there.Installing FSUIPC4 (registered or not) also installs a "List of FSX controls.pdf" into the Modules folder, which was complete when I made it, but that was just before the final "gold" release of FSX, so I see that I need to update it. I will do this in my next update (to 4.07, due before the end of January).>FSX have very good smooth effects on all AXIS. If i set>sensitivites PAN_AXIS to 1 , my head turn vith very very>smooth effect in virtual cocpit(or joystick) . Hmmmm. If i>use SIMCONNECT events for turn head (6dof mode) or change>value in any AXES i can not see smooth effects always ! ! ! >HHhhmmmm :-(( It is a regress to FS9 ! This isn't an area I know much about, but wouldn't the PAN LEFT/RIGHT etc events be smoother than setting explicit axis values?>Do you find any variables directly in >fsx.exe process for use changes AXIS with smooth effects ???No, I use SimConnect wherever possible, and waiting patiently for the rest of the things I need to be added! ;-)RegardsPete

Guest Marniftar

get all of the event names from the table in CONTROLS.DLL. If you have a registered copy of FSUIPC4 and go to the controls drop-downs in the Buttons and Keys assignment options, you will find this one listed too. The names listed there are the names from FSX's CONTROLS.DLL -- but there are additions implemented in FSUIPC4 too, so it isn't exclusively Sim Events listed there.--Ок ! I see this nondocument events ! Thancs ! --This isn't an area I know much about, but wouldn't the PAN LEFT/RIGHT etc events be smoother than setting explicit axis values?---Yes ! Yes Yes ! For example - 1. Set to left sensitivity slider an X and Y axes of PANLOOK joystik in "AXIS setup" and press SHIFT+O. You turn on "headmouse" mode2. Move mouse and look on screen ! Your moved have "Inert" effect + very very smooth ! If i moved mouse cursor from 0 to 200 points at one , FS graphics engine will make more positions of head between two input mouse coordinates with smooth+inert effect. Understand ? You can tune this effects in "sensitivity axis" setting. Right slider position = No smooth effect , Left slider position = maximum smooth effect. SEE IT ? 3. Moved head thru SIMCONNECT from your program with CAMERA6DOF event .YOU CAN NOT SEE ANY SMOOTH in moving ! If you will be modeling custom smooth effect in your program , this situation need more and more events transmit from simconnect to FS.(100-200 events per second)It is not work normally. Sim connet work in a very low speed for transmitting data in high speed.Sorry for my english :-)))))))

Guest Marniftar

ок.Next question about ZOOM How i can use "CallDispatch" ?I can read value from EVENTS with this "CallDispatch". I right understand it ? How i can read current ZOOM from "VIEW_ZOOM_SET" or another events with "CallDispatch" ?Please write one example for use "CallDispatch" in VB6 (sequentions)Thancs !

>I can read value from EVENTS with this "CallDispatch". I right>understand it ? No.Have you not used SimConnect at all yet? "CallDispatch" is merely the polling call, which tells SimConnect which of your procedures to direct all of its messages, data, whatever too -- Sim Vars value changes, System Events, Sim Events, User Events, Exceptions, etc.You can use SimConnect to be notified of events. Find the SimConnect documentation, and look up these functions:SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEventSimConnect_AddClientEventToNotificationGroupSimConnect_RequestNotificationGroupThese are all needed to receive Sim Events.>Please write one example for use "CallDispatch" in VB6>(sequentions)Any example of anything for SimConnect must surely be using CallDispatch, as it is central to the way it works, for everything.But sorry, I don't know VB.Pete

Guest Marniftar

I am interested viewing events because i make new hardware for create FS cinema. It is my parallel hobby with virtual fly. If you interest for this viewing hardware (Very low price Touchpad as view device but not Trackir , special for make FScinema) you can see my small realtime demo video from glider cockpit with this device (28mb)http://rapidshare.com/files/13192735/TochView_clip1.wmv.htmlThancs for learning me !

Pete, I don't know what we'd do without you in here.A question though...isn't RequestNotificationGroup only used when the sim is in Dialog mode?

>isn't RequestNotificationGroup only used>when the sim is in Dialog mode?Ah, yes ... sorry, my error. I cut-and-pasted the wrong name. The three used for Sim Events are:SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEventSimConnect_AddClientEventToNotificationGroupfor each event you are interested in, andSimConnect_SetNotificationGroupPriorityfor each different group you have used in building up the list.RegardsPete