Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

Remote SimConnect client... I don't get it

Hey all,I did a search on the forum and read various threads about connecting to a FSX server using a remote SimConnect client, including a nice five step mini "tutorial". Still nothing does help. I have FSX on my main machine and an SC client on the notebook, SC.msi installed etc., files (ini, cfg, xml...) all in their places. Tried to open ports. Killed the firewall. Nothing. I can't get it working. Is there any other hint one could think of? I'd greatly appreciate it because I'd really love to continue to work on my stuff here.Thanks in advance.Cheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Insane - for the last nineteen years I have been convinced I musta been the only one - worldwide - I've never ever met another one for real. Where ya from bro if ya dont mind askin? Jus curious. Welcome aboard. :-hah:-hah:-hahTo get back to topic, I'll try your files asap and get back to ya. Thanks a ton.Cheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Guest GSX

I can help you with this, it is actually pretty easy. I caught this post today, not sure if you have figured out the problem yet, but if you still need help send an email to gsx@gsxnet.com and I will post the solution on this forum thread. I am building a FSX server at the moment and one of the things I have done is make the client so it will work on a remote computer.G

Although I got it working some time ago your solution might still be of great help to others, so I encourage you to post it anyways. :-hahThanks,Etienne :-wave