Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdundon

FSX Addons

Guest kdundon

I followed the instructions in the SDK and put a copy of SimConnect.dll into my FSX folder under AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX so I could run a program on my second pc while FSX is running on my main pc. After doing this My Addons dropdown on my FSX menu bar disappears. If I remove SimConnect.dll it reappears. I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit with a EVGA 7900 video card 256meg ram on a AMD Dual core 4200. I have 4gig ram installed. I had installed the SimConnect.ini file into the Documents/FlightSimulater X folder and it showed the addons being loaded. I am totally new at the SimConnect stuff so any help would be appreciated. I am trying to run EFBFSX from my second pc using SimConnect. I suspect it may be Vista as my second pc still runs XP. Ken

>I followed the instructions in the SDK and put a copy of>SimConnect.dll into my FSX folder under>AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX so I could run a program on my>second pc while FSX is running on my main pc.Er ... Simconnect.dll is already installed on your FS PC, and it doesn't do in the FSX folders in any case, but in the Side-by-Side folders in Windows where it must be installed properly, as it is when the FSX installer installs it.Possibly you are meaning SimConnect.xml, not the dll? If so, then I' afraid you've fallen foul of one of the little deficiencies in the documentation.The file as documented contains the line:< Scope > local< /Scope >For remote use of SimConnect you are advised to change this to "global", which does imply both local and remote. However, this is misleading as it appears to only mean "remote".as far as I know the only fix is to have two sections in the file, one local and the other global. Repeat the whole section from< SimConnect.Comm > to < /SimConnect.Comm > and set one Local and the other Global. Don't put any port or address data in the local one.I don't know if this is corrected in the upcoming SP1 -- obviously "global" should include local use. It needs checking.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guest kdundon

Pete, thanks a bunch. I will make the changes to the SimConnect.xml file and give it a go. Ken

Guest kdundon

Pete, thanks a bunch. I now have my addons back. The only other issue is getting EFBFSX to run via SimConnect. I have a feeling my issue might be with Vista. I have the SimConnect.cfg file in the EFBFSX folder but it does not see the Sim. Ken

>The only>other issue is getting EFBFSX to run via SimConnect. I have a>feeling my issue might be with Vista. I have the>SimConnect.cfg file in the EFBFSX folder but it does not see>the Sim.You have installed Simconnect on that machine, haven't you? It isn't enough just to put the CFG file there. You need to run the SimConnect.msi installer on the client Pc in order to correctly install SimConnect.And the SimConnect.CFG entries need to be in a section headed [simConnect.0], assuming your application uses the default Simconnect_Open selection.Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guest kdundon

Pete, yes I have installed the SimConnect.msi file. Thanks for your help. I believe it is a EFBFSX issue and I have sent them a file showing the error. If your interested it is attached to this note. Once again thanks for your help. Ken