Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Installing ASX - GoFlight GFDEVFSX no longer runs

Hi all,Yesterday I bought and installed Active Sky X (ASX). Up to then my GoFlight modules worked fine in FSX with the program GFDEVFSX launching without problem.After installing ASX on a networked laptop the GoFlight program initially displays this message...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173904.jpg... and after pressing Yes is immediately followed by this message...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173905.jpgASX runs fine so I am trying to establish why the GoFlight program fails to run. I'm no programming guru which is why I've turned to you guys here.Does anyone have any ideas as to what's causing the problem please? I've already written to GoFlight support but I won't hear from them until Tuesday at the earliest.If anyone can offer a solution I'd be very grateful.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray.This almost looks like the ASX installation program has corrupted part of your Windows registry... or perhaps some of the "add or Remove Programs" info from the Windows control panel.Dick

Hi Dick,Could I provide you with any more info that would confirm if this is the case?I'm aware that the folder name containing simconnect.dll in WindowsWinSxS is important. I have a single folder name including the words FlightSimulator. Here it is...x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9aThe version of simconnect.dll in it is 10.0.60905.0Is that the same as yours?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've done some more digging and have found two entries in the FSX.CFG file in the (TRUSTED) section.This is the older entry as it appear between two other entries...C:Program FilesGoFlightGFDevFSX.exe.hiruucazonbouinkkriirbhwuetchwrlwchecqwc=1And at the end of the section is this...C:Program FilesGoFlightGFDevFSX.exe.wkcboutoowqilihotobeincubehnthqqlihbzczq=1I have no idea whay the section after .exe should be different but it might explain why until yesterday the GoFlight program ran okay but after installing simconnect.xml in C:Documents and SettingsRay ProudfootApplication DataMicrosoftFSX it doesn't run any more.Baffling???:-hmmm

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray.My Simconnect version is 10.0.61355.0 ( this is the SP1 version ). But I'm not sure this is the problem. I'm not sure that Simconnect, or FSX, is the problem at all.The ASX installer may have corrupted your WindowsXP installation of GoFlight GFDEVFSX.If you have a Restore point for your computer, you can go back to a safe date before the installation of ASX.Otherwise, check your WindowsXP "Add and Remove Programs" on the Control Panel, and see if ASX and GoFlight GFDEVFSX are listed. If they are, you might want to uninstall ASX, then uninstall GoFlight GFDEVFSX. ( I suspect GoFlight GFDEVFSX may not uninstall properly... if it doesn't, you may need to try to repair it, then uninstall ).Then with those products removed, install ASX, then install GoFlight GFDEVFSX... with the installation order reversed, they might co-exist.This is exactly why I hate installer programs!Dick

Hi Dick,You have a later version of simconnect.dll than me. Interesting given I thought I installed the SDF SP1 yesterday. Does that contain the same version as you have?I have deinstalled and reinstalled the GoFlight software about 4 times now and each time I uninstalled it an entry was visible in Control Panel / Add/Remove programs so it seems solid enough. Remember ASX is installed on my laptop whereas GoFlight is installed on a desktop PC. Given that do you still feel it could have affected it?I renamed simconnect.xml in AppDataMicrosoftFSX just to see if it affected GoFlight but it made no difference. I then tried renaming EXE.xml and that did display the prompt asking if I wanted to install the GFDEVFSX.EXE. I replied Yes and immediately the fail message appeared.I'm reluctant to deinstall ASX at least until I hear from goflight support as they may have a simple solution. Likewise restoring to an earlier point but on which machine? Where ASX is installed or on the FSX PC where the problem lies?I think I'll see if I can get a later version of simconnect.dll for starters. Thanks for your suggestions and I'll be back :-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Dick,I've updated simconnect.dll to 10.0.61355.0 but unfortunately it hasn't made any difference even after deinstalling and reinstalling GoFlight software.Here's are the contents of my simconnect.xml and exe.xml files. CAN you see anything wrong?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalseFalseIPv4global

flying_machine
645004096FalseFalseIPv4local644096False<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>LaunchEXE.xmlFalseFalseFalseGoFlight Hardware InterfaceC:Program FilesGoFlightGFDevFSX.exeCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've had to change the Address parameter back to the IP address as FSX on the laptop wasn't able to connect.Still got the GoFlight problem though :-(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray.My apologies, as I hadn't read your initial post carefully.Look at this thread:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...e6f525f43acc023It seems there may be a timing conflict between your different Simconnect modules. Pete recommends to manually start the GoFlight GFDEVFSX program after FSX is loaded up. Other than this, I wouldn't know what you could do. Hopefully you won't need to choose between programs.Dick

Hi Dick,No worries. I appreciate your help :-)I had been setting various parameters in SIMCONNECT.XML to FALSE but from the discussion in that thread it seems I need to change a parameter in EXE.XML so that the GoFlight program doesn't install automatically.Prior to installing ASX I didn't have SIMCONNECT.XML installed on the FSX PC so it's clearly related to the problem. It also looks like it's a Microsoft issue rather than a GoFlight one.I hope Microsoft are aware of this and can issue a fix asap.I'm at work at present but I'll try the suggestion tonight and keep my fingers crossed. I'll report back later.Thanks,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It's probably a bit late now Ray. I found that the XGraphics uninstaller didn't restore the default textures. Perhaps it was because of my FSX installation path, but a post on the HiFi forum quickly sorted the problem.George

Hi George,I had a quick search for a post by you but couldn't find one. What was the resolution to that please? Hopefully not a deinstall / reinstall of FSX :-(Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Dick,I'm home now and changed EXE.XML to disable the launch of GFDEVFSX.EXE. After FSX loaded I tried launching it manually but it still failed with the same message. :-(Can you do me a favour? Have a look at the WindowsWinSxS folder and see if the latter part of the FlightSimulator folder name includes the same set of numbers as the version of simconnect contained in it? Mine differ and I'm wondering if it's significant.Thanks,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm pleased to report the problem with the GoFlight software is now resolved.For the solution follow this link http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=62929Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather