Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptainNelson230

Sim Connect Issue

Guest CaptainNelson230

I have Active Sky X and FSUICP and every time i try to open them i get a failed to connect to Sim Connect. I have tried several time to uninstall my SP1 and reinstall it, and it sill does not work. I also have totally removed FSX and reinstalled it, and still i always get this same thing with not being able to connect to Sim Connect, does anybody know a way around it?? Any help would be great thnx

>I have Active Sky X and FSUICP and every time i try to open>them i get a failed to connect to Sim Connect. I have tried>several time to uninstall my SP1 and reinstall it, and it sill>does not work. I also have totally removed FSX and reinstalled>it, and still i always get this same thing with not being able>to connect to Sim Connect, does anybody know a way around it??>Any help would be great thnxWell, first I'd like to see the actual report. What says "failed to connect" and where? Does FSUIPC actually load, or not? If it does, what does the Log show (FSUIPC4.LOG in the FSX Modules folder).If FSUIPC isn't loading then it sounds like you have a Simconnect.XML file which is telling SimConnect to support only "global" connections -- which, unfortunately, does not include "local" ones.Are you trying to run ActiveSkyX on a Networked PC? If so, have you followed their instructions and re-run the FSUIPC4 installer after adding their SimConnect.xml file to your system? All recent versions of he installer check for and correct the XML file if it is missing a "local" section.Otherwise, find and delete the SimConnect.xml file.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guest marcdavison

>I have Active Sky X and FSUICP and every time i try to open>them i get a failed to connect to Sim Connect. I have tried>several time to uninstall my SP1 and reinstall it, and it sill>does not work. I also have totally removed FSX and reinstalled>it, and still i always get this same thing with not being able>to connect to Sim Connect, does anybody know a way around it??>Any help would be great thnxis ASX installed on the same machine or on another machine?if it's the latter you may not have simmconnect correctly configured to service local and remote connections.The how-to that cmes with ASX for doing this isnt great but after a bit of digging around various forums I got it working no problem.

Guest CaptainNelson230

My ASX is installed on my own machine, Not on a remote system.When i start ASX is get a message saying: "Sim Connect was not able to be loaded....this is required for operation with FSX! ASX will continue to operate but will not update FSX weather. See the documentation for more information about Sim Connect."

Guest CaptainNelson230

Also where do i get FSUIPC4's Sim Connect File

>My ASX is installed on my own machine, Not on a remote>system.>>When i start ASX is get a message saying: >>"Sim Connect was not able to be loaded....this is required for>operation with FSX!You have a SimConnect.CFG file and possibly a SimConnect.xml file, neither of which are needed for ocal connections only. Since ASX doesn't install these deliberately you must have moved them yourself. Just find them and delete them.RegardsPete

>Also where do i get FSUIPC4's Sim Connect FileThere isn't one. What do you think it would be if there was one?Pete

Guest CaptainNelson230

oh ok i did not know there was a CFG one also, will have to find it., thnx

Guest CaptainNelson230

rgr i tried it and it still doesn't work. ASX still gets the sim connect message and FSUIPC still wont let me install it due to my sim connect. Is there a way to get a good sim connect file, to replace the one i have, maybe that would work??

>rgr i tried it and it still doesn't work. ASX still gets the>sim connect message and FSUIPC still wont let me install it>due to my sim connect.Ah ... you cannot actually install FSUIPC? Sorry, I did not guess that, you didn't seem to report this.Please check my Support Forum. Refer to the FSX Help announcement, which tells you both how to get SimConnect to Log what is going on, and also how to repair it when it doesn't function.I've never had anyone not able to actually run the FSUIPC4 Installer -- SimConnect problems only stop FSUIPC4 being run correctly. If you really cannot install I need more information. For that, and for more help with FSUIPC, please post on the Support Forum. Show me the Install log, or at least the actual error message which says why FSUIPC won't install.Pete

Guest CaptainNelson230

well when i try to install FSUIPC i get this message and it says:Your FSX Instillation is Incorrect! The Version of SimConnect Installed will not load FSUIPC4. You may need to repair the FSX instillation to rectify this first.Does ANYBODY know how to fix my problem. I really want this to work so i can run VAFS,THNX

>well when i try to install FSUIPC i get this message and it>says:>>Your FSX Instillation is Incorrect! The Version of SimConnect>Installed will not load FSUIPC4. You may need to repair the>FSX instillation to rectify this first.>>>Does ANYBODY know how to fix my problem.Follow the steps to repair the base version SimConnect installation in the FSX Help Announcement on the FSUIPC Support Forum.Please note that all FSUIPC support is dealt with via the Forum, and that this is pointed to in all the documentation and on the download pages.Pete

Guest CaptainNelson230

I did what the FSUIPC support forum said. I ran FSX setup and did the repair thing that was so post to fix it but still does not work

>I did what the FSUIPC support forum said. I ran FSX setup and>did the repair thing that was so post to fix it but still does>not workDid you manage to delete the correct folder before running the Repair? If not it will not repair the SimConnect installation. If you are using Vista it is much much more difficult -- I really don't know enough about Vista to help you then.I think you may need to get Microsoft tech support to sort you out. Once you get Windows in such a mess you have to tread carefully to avoid making it worse.Pete