Sign in to follow this  
michal

upcoming A340 from Aviograsf!!

Guest cw1011

Why do developers insist on giving us "jump seat" views? The real pilot of the 340 sits with the PFD squarly in front of him/her - not with it way to the left as in the new airbus. I find this view very distracting and difficult to fly - it is very hard to figure out just where the plane is pointed. For all the time given to programming systems and MFDs, I wish developers would spend a bit more time on trying to increase the immersiveness of their airplanes. See Paul Golding's 707 pilot view for an outstanding example of a true pilot's perspective or the Dream Fleet 737. That's what I would like to see from add ons.

>Why do developers insist on giving us "jump seat" views? >The real pilot of the 340 sits with the PFD squarly in front >of him/her - not with it way to the left as in the new >airbus. I find this view very distracting and difficult to >fly -I agree 100%. I keep a distance of at least 500 ft from such products ;-)Michael J.

Given the announced third quarter release date of this product coupled with a summer release of Microsoft's FS9, shouldn't one important question be how compatible will this product be with FS9? I realize that there will be many who choose not to jump as soon as FS9 hits the shelves but I suspect the advance screenshots have more waiting eagerly for that day. Who wants a product that is obsolete as of the day you get it on your machine?Stan V.

>Given the announced third quarter release date of this >product coupled with a summer release of Microsoft's FS9, >shouldn't one important question be how compatible will this >product be with FS9? This has been already settled - based on the feature list of FS9 and other info - that there should be very little (or no at all) compatibility issues. MS has stated that any aircraft designed with SDK for FS2000 or later will work with no needed upgrades. Michael J.