Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fleahead_of_Ohio

Yet Another SimConnect - FSX Tools Menubar Issue

Guest fleahead

I am trying to get the Object Placement Tool to work. I do not get the "Tools" menu to appear in the FSX windowed screen as the instructions say. I do see the AddOn menu, and I believe I read that if that menu is there, then SimConnect is in operation. FSUIP is OK.* I have deleted the files from WinSXS that Pete described in another post, and reinstalled them.* Reloaded the Manifest files* Reloaded the dll.xml file and made the correct edits. It is in the same folder as fsx.cfgShould I see any other sign that SimConnect is working, or that the Object Placement Tool is launching?I'm open for any suggestions...fleahead of ohio

>I am trying to get the Object Placement Tool to work. I do>not get the "Tools" menu to appear in the FSX windowed screenThere are these two likely reasons that I can think of:EITHER the path specified in the DLL.XML file is not pointing to the correct place, OR it is correct but the version of the DLL is not correct for the update level of FSX. In other words, if you are up to SP1 you need the SP1A SDK version. If you have installed Acceleration/SP2 I think you need the SDK for that version.Having the wrong version of the SDK DLLs used to crash FSX, but this was fixed in SP1 -- SimConnect simply doesn't load incorrect versions. Maybe this fact is logged in the SimConnect log should you enable that.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guest fleahead

You nailed it, Pete. I ran the log tool right after I posted the question. Here's the log file:0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61242.00.10150 File not found: Path="C:MyPathAddon.exe"0.66280 SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dll" Version="10.0.60905.0"I uninstalled the SP then the SDK, and reloaded the both. I am at sp1 for FSX but not on Acceleration. I still get the same version mismatch, however. Do I need a new version of SimConnect, then? Where do I find that?Also, what's the deal with the Addon.exe file not found? I did a search on hte PC, and the file doesn't exist. fleahead of ohio

Guest fleahead

A just finished removing FSX&SP1 and SDK&SP1, reinstalled EVERYTHING... same mismatch:0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61242.00.65038 SDK Addon not loaded - version mismatch: Path="..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dll" Version="10.0.60905.0"I don't understand hpw this can be. Does anyone know what version is right?

Make sure you have SDK SP1A and not just SDK SP1 (which, in hindsite, should have been called something else :-> ). The version number being displayed for the OPT is the RTM version number, not the SP1A version number.