Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank_Stardust

Next victim of a non working SDK

Guest Frank_Stardust

Hi all,I'm trying to run the SDK under Vista 32.I dubbelchecked again and again.To be sure not to have issues with addon's etc., i re

Guest Daniel42

What Nils says, but a bit less cryptical:(1) FsX, (2) FsX SP1(3) Original SDK (4) FsX Accelaration(5) SDK SP1a(6) SDK SP2Which indeed is the sdk.msi file on the Acceleration DVD in the SDK folder. Not sure if step 5 is necessary.Daniel

Guest Frank_Stardust

After a litle google search, i noticed that running this sdk.msi was necessary in vista(was a good hint Nils :) ). So i used this but still no tool in menu-bar.But as i mentioned above:Installed:(1) FsX, (2) FsX SP1, (3)Original SDK (already not working after the original necessary adaptation of the dll.xml).So even with a clean copy of the dll.xml and only changing the path and disabled=false --> nothing..I also used the configsdk.exe --> nothing..Thank's for the help already ;)But i really don't now what to do next....

<<1) FsX, (2) FsX SP1, (3)Original SDK (already not working after the original necessary adaptation of the dll.xml).>>The original SDK only works with the RTM version of FSX. SDK SP1A works with FSX SP1, and SDK SP2 (ie the SDK.MSI file on the Acceleration disk) works with FSX SP2 or FSX XPack.There was also a SDK SP1 (which should have been called something else in hindsite), which just fixed a couple of the tools but was really for FSX RTM.Hope that makes things clear as mud :->

Guest Frank_Stardust

><<>1) FsX, (2) FsX SP1, (3)Original SDK (already not working>after the original necessary adaptation of the dll.xml).>>>>The original SDK only works with the RTM version of FSX. SDK>SP1A works with FSX SP1, and SDK SP2 (ie the SDK.MSI file on>the Acceleration disk) works with FSX SP2 or FSX XPack.>>There was also a SDK SP1 (which should have been called>something else in hindsite), which just fixed a couple of the>tools but was really for FSX RTM.>>Hope that makes things clear as mud :->>>Oh yes it did clear things up a lot....Installing the SP1 first was not the cleverest thing to do ..)It's working ! :)Now it's time for a new adventure. I know it's not easy to use all this tools but i know that it's full of clever and helpfull people here to ;)Thank you so much for the help,Frank

Guest Frank_Stardust

I just completed my 1st mission.The one from the SDK-tutorial...I really enjoyed doing this.And this is thank's to you all... ;)I will try my own 'little' mission now.There is still a lot to learn...

Guest Keni

Well, Frank, I've been working on the same problem for a couple days now. I'd suggest you go to http://www.fsinsider.com/Pages/default.aspx and click on the link "Building Missions FSX, the first two parts of a series from the pages of PC Pilot." Read the first article, Part 1. Towards the bottom of the article, it will give you some advice to assist you in getting the SDK up and running. Mainly where to check for your "dll.xml" file to insure that it's placed properly on your system. And don't miss reading this part of the article: "if you still can