Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel42

SimConnect stops responding after takeoff

Guest Daniel42

Someone is experiencing a very strange problem with a program of mine.In order to activate the program, one has to push a key. And this works fine before a flight.Yet after a flight... my smiconnect client does not receive the key event anymore (for a couple of hundred others it works fine).So I wrote a simple program: if the users presses the zero key, the message 'Roger That!' is displayed in FSX. Besides that I subscribe to the '4Sec' event. If I do not receive the event within 5 seconds of the previous receive... I display 'watchdog triggered' message in my client.Every time the user presses zero, the 'Roger That' message is displayed... but also the watchdog triggers.As soon as the user takes off... the client stops responding to the user key.Has anybody experienced anything similar?Daniel

About the only thing I can think of is that user has some other SimConnect client running that is hooking key events at a "higher" priority (or is it lower, can't remember off the top of my head), but for some reason is only processing key events when the user aircraft is "flying" (could be based on speed, the On Ground flag, etc). That would explain the symptoms you are seeing.

Guest Daniel42

I will look into that, thanks for the suggestion.I already found out myself that raising the process priority of FSX to 'above normal' has a bad effect on SC clients... my TrackIr almost stopped working (1 viewpoint update per second at most). But the user in this case is running FSX at normal priority.Daniel