Sign in to follow this  
Guest Weps

simconnect airports missing from list?

Guest Weps

Hello guys,I'm using simconnect to get some data from FSX. Which works fine.I'm trying to make a function that gives me the closest airport, which also works fine. (I'm asking an initial list and then updates, no problem).HOWEVER, (up to now) two airports are never returned by simconnect: EHAM and EGLL. Even when I'm sitting or flying over the runway. (I checked and doublechecked, even by moving all over the place with my plane, but I never get these two back, all surrounding airports work just fine.)Is there a known bug in the SimConnect_RequestFacilitesList function? Or some kind of 'need to know?'

Guest Weps

man....Simconnect manual:

Flight Simulator X keeps a facilities cache of all the airports, waypoints, NDB and VOR stations within a certain radius of the user aircraft. This radius varies depending on where the aircraft is in the world, but is at least large enough to encompass the whole of the reality bubble for airports and waypoints, and can be over 200 miles for VOR and NDB stations. As the user aircraft moves facilities will be added to, and removed from, the cache. However, in the interests of performance, hysteresis is built into the system.
I've found out that clearing the cache (World->Scenery Library->Check Clear->Ok) does give me EHAM and EGLL. But only after being spawned...I'm wondering what genius thought of not caching EHAM when you're on EHAM. And why would it be cached after I clear the cache, but not when I start FSX @ EHAM? I could understand EHBK not being cached when spawning at EHAM, but EHAM itself? Sjees...If anyone knows the email address so I can forward this to the FSX team, please, feel free to inform me.