Sign in to follow this  

Looking for an IFR panel(elite style)

Searched the forum but it kept giving me 'closed connection'. File search didn't result in much either.I'm sure this question has been asked before.I'm looking for a High res IFR panel(elite style) with gauges that have a higher freq of update than for example the IFR panel that comes with the default 182.Basically something that looks and feels like the elite sim.

>>I'm looking for a High res IFR panel(elite style) with >gauges that have a higher freq of update than for example >the IFR panel that comes with the default 182. >Basically something that looks and feels like the elite sim. At this juncture in history only one product comes to my mind: Flight1's Piper Meridian. Probably even better than Elite since it models aircraft systems. *AND* the instrument refresh rate that will surely meet your expectations. Michael J.

Yeah,i know, i got it yesterday:)But i was looking more for something simple..like the 182.The 'problem' with the meridian is that i turn into a complete button maniac and sit marvelling at all the systems and leave the rest to the autopilot;)The 767PIC for long...the meridian for in between...now i need something small which does really well with IFR short range practise.I have contemplated buying the cardinal for this, but judging from the screenies it's not really an IFR panel.

Elite now have modified their product to work within FS2002 so you can have the real thing in FS2002 if you so wish and are prepared to pay for it ;-)Just through interest has anyone got the Elite panel and aircraft working in FS2002 and how good is it? flight model as well!Peter

If the instrument refresh rate is one of your key requirements then I believe there is nothing out there that would compare with the Meridian. Reality XP seems to have monopoly in this area. Unless you want to get .. Elite.Michael J.

MichaelThe Meridian is superb but I still have a big problem with the whole idea of mixed 2D and VC plus all the pop up windows.There has to be a better way ahead for FS2004 which makes the whole experience more user friendly and realistic.All the bestPeter

>The Meridian is superb but I still have a big problem with >the whole idea of mixed 2D and VC plus all the pop up >windows. Peter,I agree. I still like FLY's idea of user-programmable views that you can quickly switch to using your joystick. I am not a big fan of either VC or pop-up views.Peter, if I recall you have flown the real Meridian, what do you think of this particular sim's flight model ?Michael J.

>The 767PIC for long...the meridian for in between...now i >need something small which does really well with IFR short >range practise. >I have contemplated buying the cardinal for this, but >judging from the screenies it's not really an IFR panel. Why not give the Socata TB20GT my team and I created? The latest Service Release v1.3 has included an IFR panel option as well.The a/c is available here at avsim.com and the Service Releases are at http://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002_PicturesAll the gauges are custom built and are quite quick at refresh. There is a full complement of avionics, including a dual-needle RMI that has a NAV1/NAV2 switch for those who'd like to practice LOC/DME arcs, etc.

MichaelIm not an expert on the type and have more time on the TBM700 which in my opinion is a far better aircraft.There was something a little bit toyish about the feel of the real aircraft.When I flew the Meridian it was speed limited and felt quite light in all axis compared to the TBM700 which felt altogether a much more solid aircraft.It suffers with the usual Piper problems of payload/range but is one sexy looking machine maybe a touch chocolate boxy in its avionics fit and displays ;-)Climb rate was a little dissapointing for a single turboprop.This model is pretty goodPeter

Guest JeanLuc_

Thanks Peter for sharing this pictures of the Meridian!It is starting to be confusing between the reality and the simulation, at least, as far as gauges go. :-)Best,