Sign in to follow this  
Guest robert0

How triggering effects ???

Guest robert0

Using AiCreateSimulatedObject and RemoveObject i succesfully create and destroy objects in my scenery (FSX with Acceleration PAck).Now i'm trying to trigger some effects: i create some objects in gmax with attached effects . They work fine creating a "classic" standalone bgl but if i use them via simconnect AICreateSimulatedObject ...the object is create but no effects.I use the same mdl so i' do not understand why effects aren't visible at all.Thanks for any tip.Rob

Guest Daniel42

What are the triggers?And what kind of 'container' do you use for your MDL? - aircraft.cfg / sim.cfg ?And if you use the sim.cfg, what Category are you using?And in the cfg, are you referring to the model or the GUID?Daniel

Guest robert0

>What are the triggers?Something that starts an action.>And what kind of 'container' do you use for your MDL? >>- aircraft.cfg / sim.cfg ?My simobject is created in Gmax , then exported as mdl Guid is called in sim.cfg>And if you use the sim.cfg, what Category are you using?I'm actually using General Object .>And in the cfg, are you referring to the model or the GUID?As above i'm referring as GUID.If i call the object modeled without the effect it's showing, if i call the object modeled ( with attachpoint in gmax) with effect it's showing without any effect.Thx.Rob

Guest Daniel42

>>What are the triggers?>>Something that starts an action.More specifically, which ones are you using? When you add a model as scenery in a BGL file I think you have access to stuff like the user's plane position/comm frequencies.When you add them as AI Objects you don't, you will be looking at the Comm freq for the AI Object and not the user's plane.>>And what kind of 'container' do you use for your MDL? >>And if you use the sim.cfg, what Category are you using?>>I'm actually using General Object.I'm not sure, but it seems the available sim variables depend on the category. Eg: groundvehicle will give you access to speed, acceleration, wheel rotation angle. For a general object I don't think the last one is available.Also, on a ground vehicle (or general object) it is not possible to set radio frequencies. I did try to add a section to th sim.cfg, but that didn't seem to help as well.Daniel

Guest robert0

Mmmmh i think there is a misunderstanding.I'm creating an object ( it's a simple road signal), then a Mdl then a Bgl.Then using SimConnect.aiCreateSimulatedObject i place it at Lat/Long i want . Please note that i'm testing ( and learning) Simconnect and C#, and i did it succesfully.I can place it even conditionally( i.e. if switching to a Com or Nav freq, or when my plane is below a certain altitude or within a distance range).Now i want to place it ( in Simconnect)with an effect ( let's say the road signal with a red flashing light).If i create and place it with a Bgl( at fixed Lat/Long)in classic scenery way i have no problem and i see the effect( no condition however).If i place it within my Simconnect program it does not show the effect, it oly shows...itself and it's because i'm asking a clue to show the effects.Hope now the situation it's brighter :-).Rob

Guest Daniel42

Thanks for the explanation.I have created a car, with flashing lights, and they work when I add the car using SimConnect.aiCreateSimulatedObject.The difference I see is that I don't have the car in a BGL, I only use the .mdlIf I understand correct, you use 'visual_model_guid=...' in your sim.cfg. I have put my mdl file in the model directory with the sim.cfg and am using 'model=mycarmodel' in the sim.cfg(I wonder where the 'visual_model_guid' came from, I can only find a reference on FSDeveloper, not in the FSX SDK.)Edit: looking closer at FSDev, I see that animations don't work when you use the 'visual_model_guid' method, so I guess that goes for effects as well.Daniel

Guest robert0

>If I understand correct, you use 'visual_model_guid=...' in>your sim.cfg. I have put my mdl file in the model directory>with the sim.cfg and am using 'model=mycarmodel' in the>sim.cfg>>(I wonder where the 'visual_model_guid' came from, I can only>find a reference on FSDeveloper, not in the FSX SDK.)>Yep, it seems working but with a little difference:this is now my WORKING sim.cfg ( my mdl is named MySign.mdl):[fltsim.6]title=MySignmodel=texture=ui_type=SceneryObject[General]category=SimpleObjectWith a call in createsimulatedobject to "MySign" everything it's ok and i see the effect and the object as well.If i fill the line model= MySign with the name of the mdl i get exception 22 so the title = MySign seems enough to Fsx to find the right model leaving the line model= blank.Thanks a lot Mr. Daniel42, you switch on the light on my path.Now I will continue the struggle :-) with animations.Thanks again.Rob

Guest hf_hero

How to trigger User Aircraft's effect realtime as same as FSX Visual Effects Tool does?