Sign in to follow this  
Guest Darrener

FSMAP problems

Guest Darrener

Hi All,Is anybody currently using the "new" FSMAP programme by Thomas of Aerosoft??.I want to run this programme from my laptop so as to free up any additional load on the main PC.Unfortunately I cannot get the laptop to "talk" to the FSX m/c using simconnect.. I have followed his instructions but to no avail.YES i did go on the website forum & asked for advice..while Thomas tried to help it was all a case of try this & try that.. I'm not knocking Thomas at all but I would have liked something more definative like the XML should look like this & the config should look like that etc etc.I am running via a netgear router & I think I have set it up ok using port 500 as the instructions decree!!.ANY help would be appreciated before I delete this programme for good & forget about moving maps & the like.Yours in utter frustration.SJ

>Unfortunately I cannot get the laptop to "talk" to the FSX m/c>using simconnect.. I have followed his instructions but to no>avail.I don't have that program, but I can help you sort out the SimConnect connection over a working Network, if you show me the files.First, be sure you have installed the correct version of SimConnect on the remote PC. I don't know which one FSMap is built to -- the original (RTM), or the SP1 version of SP2, but that is the one you need. Best really, for future apps, you install all three (assuming you have SP1 and SP2, or alternatively Acceleration).Of course you'd also need the Deluxe edition of FSX, and you'll have to not only install the SDK from the original DVD, but also, if you have installed them, the correct updates for SP1 and SP2 or Acceleration.You install SimConnect builds on them by transferring and then running the "SimConnect.msi" files on your remote PC -- the current one and the "legacy" ones.Assuming you've done all that, show me your SimConnect.CFG file from the remote PC's "My Documents" folder, which is where you should put it, and the SimConnect.XML file from the Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSX folder on your FSX PC (or the equivalent for Vista).I'm off to bed now. I'll check back in the morning.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guest Darrener

Hi Pete,Thanks for the reply... the only one.I got it up & running with the help of the DA.. it was a problem with the router firewall that was causing the troble.Many thanks though for your kind offer of assistance.Cheers.Steve. EGCC

>I got it up & running with the help of the DA..DA? District Attorney? >Steve. EGCCEGCC? For real? I'm about 17nm S of EGCC. Whereabouts are you? My nearest friend actually interested in flight simming is up in Cheadle Hulme. He comes and helps fly my 737NG sometimes! Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen