Sign in to follow this  
Guest GregBranch

Vista32, AciveSky X, FSX, Networked with two computers.

Guest GregBranch

I'm not computer savy to say the least, I have a friend that is good with computers but primarily XP. I have done some searching and have had no luck. My problem is that I have a network between 2 computers setup with no problems. The main problem I am finding is that I cannot share my C: drive which contains my flight sim folder that ASX needs to find and have access to, from what I can understand. I can put a public up and share with no problems. I can also share my AppData folder as well. Just not my hard drive. Both computers are using Vista32 with a router in between that is connected to the internet. I'm also not understanding how I need to run the SimConnect.msi on both computers. Do I just copy the file to a flash drive and install it on the other computer at a specified location? Thanks for any help, if anyone has teamspeak or msn that they could use to walk me through this that would be great. Just PM or email me.Thanks!

>The main problem I am finding is that I>cannot share my C: drive which contains my flight sim folder>that ASX needs to find and have access to, from what I can>understand.Just share the actual folder where FSX is installed. Don't try to share a drive, you can't and there is no need. You can give it a snappy "share name" (say "FSX") so that it is easily recognisable from the other PC -- for instance if your FSX PC is called "MYFS" the name outside for the FSX folder would then be "MYFSFSX".>I'm also not>understanding how I need to run the SimConnect.msi on both>computers. Do I just copy the file to a flash drive and>install it on the other computer at a specified location?Just copy it into any place on your other PC (a temporary folder will do, it doesn't matter as you don't need to keep it). Then execute it (i.e. double-click it). It is an installer and will install Simconnect for you. That is all.You don't need to run it on your FSX PC as it will have already been installed when you installed FSX.Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen