Sign in to follow this  
shermank

FSX simconnect will not load

HI guys...most of what I am reading here is way over my head. But, I did a search of my hard drive and found three separate simconnect.dllsthey are numbered 60905, 61355 and 60637.I have both FSX sp1 and sp2 installed. My specific problem is an inability to get simconnect to run with FSINN Copilot. FSINN and Copilot do not load, but otherwise FSX seems to be performing normally. btw, I am also using FSUIPC version 4.25, unregistered version. Any help is appreciated. I should add that I did a complete reinstall of FSX because of some other issues. I am also using XP Home with SP 1,2 and SP3 Release Candidate. Before I had my meltdown simconnect was loading normally with the same software installation as I have now, at least to the best of my knowledge.Thanks...Sherm

>FSINN and Copilot do not load, but otherwise FSX seems to be>performing normally. btw, I am also using FSUIPC version 4.25,>unregistered version. Any help is appreciated.If FSUIPC is running okay, then the problem is probably simply that you don't have FSCopilot properly listed for loading in the DLL.XML file. You'll find that in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file -- documents and settings FSX application data under your user logon name.I don't think FSInn loads with SimConnect. Doesn't it just rely on FSCopilot loading?RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

First, thanks for your reply, Pete...what a great hobby when key developers take their time to help hobbyists. It's like Bill Gates responding to an issue with an MS product.But, back to business. FSUIPC shows like this in the dll.xmlFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dll and, copilot as follows: - - FSCopilotFalseModulesFSCopilot.dllas you can see, both are disabled. however, fsuipc does show up on launch of FSX in the drop down options listing. But, copilot does not appear in the list. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll try a reinstall and see if that makes a difference.One more thing, because I did a reinstall of FSX after a computer registry problem...I copied my old modules folder from my existing FSX entry to the new one because there were some dlls I wanted to make sure were not lost. I admit that was probably a dumb thing to do. If your solution does not work...i.e reinstallation of Copilot, then I will do a complete reinstall of fsx again...this time without tinkering with the modules folder...And, again, many thanks for your assistance.Sherm

>FSUIPC shows like this in the dll.xml> FSUIPC 4 > False > ModulesFSUIPC4.dll > I hope there's a before that section, else it certainly isn't valid.>and, copilot as follows:>> FSCopilot > False > ModulesFSCopilot.dll > That's okay, assuming FSCopilot.dll is also in the Modules folder.>as you can see, both are disabled.No, they are both enabled. The setting is "False", as you can see. (I don't know why they used a double negative for the 'normal' setting here, it can be confusing I agree).>fsuipc does show>up on launch of FSX in the drop down options listing. But,>copilot does not appear in the list. Thanks for pointing me in>the right direction. I'll try a reinstall and see if that>makes a difference.It might be that somehow, somewhen, FSCopilot has been rejected. Maybe you inadvertently replied "No" only to a question about whether it should be loaded. Try deleting any entries for it in the FSX.CFG file. I think it can remember a rejected module and never load it again. Look in the [Trusted] section for it.>One more thing, because I did a reinstall of FSX after a>computer registry problem...I copied my old modules folder>from my existing FSX entry to the new one because there were>some dlls I wanted to make sure were not lost. I admit that>was probably a dumb thing to do.No, that should be okay. You still need to re-install the add-ons though, to get things like DLL.XML updated. The Modules folder is not an intrinsic part of FSX as it was in FS9 -- FSUIPC4's installer creates it for my programs, and some other programs also do the same, mainly for continuity with previous versions of FS.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

If FSCopilot is using the RTM or SP1 version of SimConnect, then you might be having an issue with your firewall software (Pete's latest FSUIPC uses the SP2 version, if available, which added support for a Named Pipe connection to bypass problems with firewalls, so his might still load when other addons won't).

Hi Pete and Tim...after a bit of trial and error, I am in the process of reinstalling FSX, as well as FSUIPC, Copilot/FSINN as well as SP1 and SP2. Then, I'll reinstall UTX and GEX which add enormously to the visual immersion. Thanks for all of your advice trying helping me try to get back on track. Though I thought I could do this without a reinstallation, at least I learned a little more about FSX in the process. I guess if I spent more time flying, and less tweaking, I'd be better off by leaving the techie stuff to you guys who really know...:-)Sherm