Sign in to follow this  
Guest acolvard

G1000 programming bugs?

Guest acolvard

When using simconnect and event ID's to affect changes to the G1000 in FSX I have noticed several issues.KOHLSMAN_INC and KOHLSMAN_DEC only affect the standby altimeter. ALthough this is true in a real plane, there is no event ID to set the G1000 Baro. It is kind of interesting that they did not make the event ID affect the G1000 setting becuase it does affect the AP and GPS (although there is no real integration), in some real planes you must set each separate.Second, in VC I can control all of the settings on the G1000 (except Baro), but when I use the PFD or MFD view, some of the functions work and some don't.I will nned to check my simmconnect version to see if I have the most recent update.

Guest cjellwood

hi, I have noticed the same problem when using Kollsman data from FSCUIP. It works ok with the original old cessna 172 but not in the new 172SP with G1000? The bizare thing is that any changes to the kollsman value in the old Cessna are transferred to the G1000 if change oplanes during flight but not the other way around. I spoke to Pete Dowson about this and he says it is Simconnect simply not supporting G1000. I think the problem is somewhere around the naming issue for the control. In standard Cessna you will see it labelled as 'Altimeter Calibration knob' whereas in G1000 it is labelled as 'Altimeter Setting Knob'. Just a guess that it was lost in translation when supporting G1000 although may be completely wrong as usualChris

When using simconnect and event ID's to affect changes to the G1000 in FSX I have noticed several issues.KOHLSMAN_INC and KOHLSMAN_DEC only affect the standby altimeter. ALthough this is true in a real plane, there is no event ID to set the G1000 Baro.
It seems that these two Events do operate the G1000 QNH setting if you set the parameter to 2 instead of 0. Very odd, as normally only "SET" type events take a parameter value.I found this by using FSUIPC's Event logging and using the QNH setting dial on the G1000. The same INC and DEC controls do occur but with parameter 2.So, you can control it this way. Unfortunately, it does not change the QNH value for the internal altimeter which SimConnect reports it for, so there appears to be no way to read it by program.An omission in SimConnect for sure. Please write to tell_fs@microsoft.com about it so that it may be fixed in ESP2 and FSXI.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hey Guys,That's just wrong :-> That should have been done using the Xxx:Index style of variable naming (which would have then allowed all the Altimeter related SimVars to use the same set of index values). That's all its using the data value for, an index between 1 and the max number of Altimeters defined (and a value of zero is assumed to be 1).Tim

That's just wrong :->
Yes, agreed.
That should have been done using the Xxx:Index style of variable naming (which would have then allowed all the Altimeter related SimVars to use the same set of index values). That's all its using the data value for, an index between 1 and the max number of Altimeters defined (and a value of zero is assumed to be 1).
Yes, of course.Do you think it is worth me trying a SimVar name like ""KOHLSMAN SETTING MB:2" to see if it's accepted and returns the right value?Pete

Do you think it is worth me trying a SimVar name like ""KOHLSMAN SETTING MB:2" to see if it's accepted and returns the right value?
Yes!!! It works!I'll put that into offset 0332, next to the main one in 0330.Thanks Tim.Pete

Guest cjellwood

hi Pete, when would you be releasing the new build with this offset included? Could I grab it early?Chris

hi Pete, when would you be releasing the new build with this offset included? Could I grab it early
Later today, as i said in your thread on my Forum.Pete

Guest cjellwood

sorry Pete, you say "updates" announcement above in last post but I see no link or anything? Any chance of a linkChris

sorry Pete, you say "updates" announcement above in last post but I see no link or anything? Any chance of a link
Why ask here when I said that in my Forum!?No link is needed to Announcements in a Forum. D oyou NEVER read them? What is the point of me announcing things if you ignore them? :-(Pete