Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Could SimConnect be the culprit? Need some help

Please see my post: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=150332&page=I encountered these problems after installing the SimConnect SDK, SDK SP1a and networking the server and client computers to run ASX.I am wondering if there is a problem with SimConnect.CFG and SimConnect.INI and SimConnect.DLL's interfering with the PMDG, Level D and TrackIr products causing FSX to crash.Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to this post.Regards,

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>Please see my post:>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=150332&page=>>I encountered these problems after installing the SimConnect>SDK, SDK SP1a and networking the server and client computers>to run ASX.>>I am wondering if there is a problem with SimConnect.CFG and>SimConnect.INI and SimConnect.DLL's interfering with the PMDG,>Level D and TrackIr products causing FSX to crash.>>Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to this post.>>Regards,>>This can also help out, if you use the latest version of SimConnect, SP2 and the latest version of the TrackIR software 4.1.034If you are making changes to the SimConnect.xml file, to allow ASX to function, this can then break SimConnect from functioning locally as well. This is resolved easily with applications such as FSUIPC, which when reinstalled add the local settings back into the xml file. To remedy the issue, with 3rd party hardware/software, you need to have the local settings stay defined within the .xml file.Example - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalse***************** FalseAutolocal

644096False*****************FalseIPv4global
XXXXXXX
64XXX4096False

<>This is no longer the case with SP2, the local connections are always created, whether they are in the DLL.XML file or not.

Hi Vince,Did you also see my post in the TIR Vector Forum?I have FSX Acceleration SP2 and there was a remark by the download thatsaid SDK SP2 should not be installed if FSX SP2 was installed or somethingto that effect anyway.I think I made a few errors when I tried fixing the problem:1 - I deleted the SDK from my computer thinking that I did not need it anylonger.2 - My DLL.XML file (In my other post) was edited by me and I am not sureif the placement of FSUIPC and the other programs is correct. Will it berebuilt after reinstalling both aircraft and TrackIr4?Cannot check it right now as I am at work and www.fsinsider.com is blocked.I will look into it and see what my SimConnect.XML file shows. I'm notsure what it contains at the moment.Thanks for your help.

\Robert Hamlich/

><<>To remedy the issue, with 3rd party hardware/software, you>need to have the local settings stay defined within the .xml>file.>>>>>This is no longer the case with SP2, the local connections are>always created, whether they are in the DLL.XML file or not.>>Hi Tim,Thanks, by SP2 did you mean SDK DP2 because I was able to find the info at fsinsider.com "This update includes the changes to the FSX Software Development Kit required for those developers who have installed FSX Service Pack 2.IMPORTANT: If you have already installed Flight Simulator X: Acceleration expansion pack, do not install the SDK Update for Service Pack 2. "I installed SDK and SDK SP1a only last week, well after installation of Acceleration. Does Acceleration Expansion Pack, which I installed long ago contain the SDK SP2 then? I have to look over the post here and try to figure out what to do. Unfortunately I must leave for my 2 shifts and will not be able to look at it until Saturday afternoon.Thanks a bunch for your help guys, and I am looking forward to cleaning this little blemish off my system.Please feel free to add anything as I will be checking periodocally from work (whether time permits)All the best,

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Robert,By SP2 I was referring to the main application (Acceleration pack would also be equiv, since it has SP2 built into it). The behaviour I mentioned is in the SimConnect server side code not the client side code.If you have Acceleration pack installed, then you need to install the SDK that is on the Acceleration pack DVD - be sure you install the correct one, Acceleration ships with 2 SDK copies on it, both SP1A and Acceleration (the acceleration SDK install wants either SDK RTM or SDK SP1A to be installed first, this allows you to install SDK SP1A to satisfy that requirement before installing SDK Acceleration). If you are just trying to run other peoples clients, you don't need to install the SDK at all, the SDK is only required if you want to create your own SimConnect clients or Content for FSX, or use one of the tools shipped as part of the SDK.

>Hi Robert,>>By SP2 I was referring to the main application (Acceleration>pack would also be equiv, since it has SP2 built into it). >The behaviour I mentioned is in the SimConnect server side>code not the client side code.>>If you have Acceleration pack installed, then you need to>install the SDK that is on the Acceleration pack DVD - be sure>you install the correct one, Acceleration ships with 2 SDK>copies on it, both SP1A and Acceleration (the acceleration SDK>install wants either SDK RTM or SDK SP1A to be installed>first, this allows you to install SDK SP1A to satisfy that>requirement before installing SDK Acceleration). If you are>just trying to run other peoples clients, you don't need to>install the SDK at all, the SDK is only required if you want>to create your own SimConnect clients or Content for FSX, or>use one of the tools shipped as part of the SDK.>>Hi Tim,I would love to figure out a way of undoing what I have done and get PMDG, Level D and TrackIr to work again but I fear that will not be possible without spending my remaining 2 days off (I may tinker though), so I decided that I am going for a complete reinstall of FSX and start from scratch. SimConnect will install itself, right?Originally I added the SDK so that I could run Airport Design Editor, just to change the CYVR AFCAD!I now realize that I made a mistake while following the networking instructions from ASX as it was mentioned that I had to install the SimConnect.msi installation file onto the client computer. The SDK does not have to be installed and your explanation makes sense."The SDK is only required if you want to create your own SimConnect clients or Content for FSX." What you meant was if I design a program for instance, right?It all makes sense now.I appreciate the amount of time you have spent explaining the workings of the SDK to me in a way that I could understand. It is people like yourself, Vince and others in our hobby that take the time out of your days that makes a difference.Thanks very much.

\Robert Hamlich/