Sign in to follow this  
JerryG

Possibilities for new missions ...

For me, among the thousands of possibilities, I'd love to seesome like these:- Formation flying (air show) with the Thunderbirds or Blue AngelsStarting with basic maneuvers to air show quality demonstrations.- Just about any motion picture flight challenges. Some that come tomind:Flight of the PhoenixApollo 13 (now that we can fly into space)Memphis BellPearl HarborSpirit of St. LouisStrategic Air CommandAir Force OneTop GunThe Great Waldo PepperAirport....I know there are tons I'm forgetting- Forest fire fighting- Coast Guard rescue missions- California police helicopter - spotlight the criminal from the air- SR-71/U2 Spy planes, snap pics for intelligenceJerryG

Guest tmetzinger

I'll give $20 bucks for the first guy who builds me an FSX version of the "Airplane" jet, complete with propeller sounds, the blow-up autopilot, the alert light that says "a little hot" and an event that says "I just want to wish you good luck, we're all counting on you" at least three times after the gear goes down.

Guest jboweruk

I'd like to see the old bombing competition from 'Fighter/Bomber' re-hashed for FS, now we can drop things they could make it more realistic, using marker flares or whatever they really use.

I am/was hoping that writing your own missions will be easy enough to say have enough so members of a VA could d/l them and then fly them.im assuming its possible to :write it to do:fly in real time, where it would read your system clock and then set the fs time to that.and d/l real world weather?and randomize the next airport, kinda thingso that one member could use the same mission over and over to have a destination made random? it would be great if your simulating charter workciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest JuiceRabbit

Someone need to write a "mission generator" application, that would generate these types of missions based on some input parameters (eg flight plan).

>I am/was hoping that writing your own missions will be easy>enough to say have enough so members of a VA could d/l them>and then fly them.>>im assuming its possible to :>>write it to do:>>fly in real time, where it would read your system clock and>then set the fs time to that.>>and d/l real world weather?>>and randomize the next airport, kinda thing>>so that one member could use the same mission over and over to>have a destination made random? it would be great if your>simulating charter work>>>ciao!>Brian SWhen missions are created with the Object Placement Tool within the sim, it saves out to a .xml file. Reasonably, you could write a program that would randomize airports and conditions based on a set of possible variables and write out an altered mission xml file.Then, when you load the mission, it would have random starting and ending locations, maybe random weather, failures, whatever.The only issue I can think of (to start with, this could become a very complicated procedure) is that you have to have a saved flight to load for each mission. When you run a mission, it loads a flight to initiate the sim, and that flight file is linked to the mission xml file. So, you'd need to do something like have a separate flight file for each location you fly from (say, for example, each hub) and the program could copy that file to a temp flight name that is what would load in the mission.Of course, I haven't tested any of this, but a random VA flight generator is one of things on my list to try. I was considering tossing in some tracking, and maybe altering rewards for flights based on stored data (number of flight hours, hitting your schedule on time, etc, etc), and allowing an upload to a website, in the same way that FSPassengers does.

Guest killerwatt

I immagine a mid-air refuelling mission won't be to far away after the sim is released.

i just thought of an idea for some cool missionsi would like to see several where you the player would be the flight instructor and be able to give lessons for an AI passenger and then rate the flight as to how well you conveyed whatever it is that you were supose to teachtake offs, straight and level, steep turns, etc etcnot quite sure of the detailsalso, what about a skydiving mission, where the player could be pilot and have AI jumpers or vice versa, where the player is the jumper and the AI is the pilot. better yet this would rock in m/p mode.. oh man.. you could do formation skydiving ...ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

i got another idea, would this be possible:to have a maybe several missions where for example you would be taking construction supplies out to a remote area and each time you fly the mission the little cabin (or whatever) gets built more each timefor example:first time, you would just see a buch of lumber stacked upnext time, you would see maybe 4 walls up, no roofnext time, you would see the roof on, etc, etci think that would be kinda of coolciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest archtx

I'm hoping to write some missions based on Gann's book "Fate is the Hunter". There's a lot of material there for classic propliners!

Guest Carlos Perea

I was watching "Mythbusters" on Wednesday, and there was a part where they went up in a helicopter around a mountain ridge. From there, they dropped explosives into the snow below, with the intent of causing an avalanche (as a preventative measure--to stop it from happening when civilians are up there). The first thing I thought was that it would make an excellent mission.As a bonus, there could even be a climber or skier that went up on a mountain that was closed down by accident, and now you have to go and rescue him. This with the risk of perhaps causing a second avalanche as a result of the rotor wash or prop noise.

Guest Gunner_CAF

You might be interested in these. They can be downloaded at FlightSim.com. The Hump - Hump10.zip by Dave Gundlach - Fly the India, Burma, China (hump). This flight is done following another AI aircraft.Pathfinder - Path10.zip by Dave Gundlach - Historic WW2 mission to fly paratroopers to drop zone. This mission also includes 2 AI aircraft that fly the route.If your interested in Apollo 13, I suggest checking out Orbiter.http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.htmlThis is a free space simulater with tons of user created add-ons. There is a complete Apollo series. There is a lot of reading, you need to learn all phases of the mission, all the buttons and switches on the control pannel to include programming the onboard computer (DSKY ?) In the Apollo 13 mission, the Command Module goes dead about half way to the moon. From there, you need to control everything from the LM. With the sound add-on, you will hear the actual radio traffic from the mission.Gunner

Guest danny68

I think a cool idea would be to test our gliding skills. For example; a 100 mile cross-country trip. I know people do this in real life and it takes a good understanding of weather as well as good gliding skills.Dan