Sign in to follow this  
P-12C

Thank you for the team

I just wanted to publically thank the people on the FSX team that made the missions and the mission system possible. I won't mention everyone by name, especially considering everyone on the team played critical roles in one way or another, but I do want to call out the mission designers Justin Wood and Brandon Seltz for the hard work and creative enthusiasm getting all of the missions finished. They did an awesome job!I also want to thank Mike Singer for the great scripts and Jon Seal for getting the ball rolling on scripts as well. The audio was/is critical for the missions and David Henry did a great job with the scratch audio as well as organizing and completing the recording sessions in Hollywood to bring the scripts alive. The artists did an amazing job creating all of the special objects for the missions (and all of you can use them too)!Lastly the dev team created a great system for the missions and the test team did a tremendous job getting them all tested, which isn't easy with over 50 missions to test and about 40 hours of flying for each test. Several of the testers are much better pilots now after all that flying, and can consistently beat any of the times I was once proud of...Oh, and I suppose I should thank the management team for their support and enthusiasm throughout the design and creation of the missions. Without that support it wouldn't have ever happened.I really hope all of you will enjoy at least some of the missions (actually ALL of the missions) and I can't wait to see what you come up with on your own. I know some of the beta testers have already built some including custom actions using Sim Connect, so don't hesitate to ask for help once you get going (after reading the SDK).

I'll second all of this. The missions have added a great out of the box element of fun and challenge without losing anything else that's good about the sim. And I will land on that bus, sooner or later. It is only a matter of time, now.I also wanted to thank Mike Singer for the presentation on missions at the AVSIM conference. Although phone calls pulled me out twice (thank god for the vibrate option on cell phones), it was a great way to introduce the progression and development of adding this element to the sim.I look forward to playing through them all in the final version.And trust me, I will have some questions, as you can see here, several people have already come up with some good ones in regards to extending the product.

I'd like to say thank you for Avsim and everyone involved for hosting a Mission forum. Despite the controversy over missions it seems they have been moderately excepted even by the hard-core folks. I myself will be perusing the SDK and brushing up on some C++ skills in the coming months and am looking forward to the seemingly endless possibilities the new and improved mission capabilities will provide in FSX.And of course a thanks to the Aces team for having a vision and allowing some fun back into FS. Kudos.Ian.

Many thanks to you, Paul. The missions system is a revolution in Flight Simulator.This has always been an airliner sim and a training sim. But, it has never really been much fun. Sure, there was the sailplane and that was a kick, but how many times can you sail over Sausalito? And the Extra was good for the loop lovers.But, for many of us, the new missions, the great choice of low-and-slow aircraft (from a trike to a Maule) and the astonishing and stunning scenery and artwork have completely changed the nature of Flight Simulator.As Brian says, nothing has been taken away and those who like 737s or practicing IFR head down in a C172 can still do so.But, this version of Flight Simulator will be remembered as the one that brought solid outright fun - and that is truly revolutionary.So, many thanks to you and to all the members of the FS Team who fly and who know that it is possible to have fun while doing so.Best regards.Luis

I have just today returned to Flightsimming after a four month break (bad HDD crash - rebuild everthing again, overseas holiday, busy life etc) and found these two new FSX forums.I had decided that I wouldn't bother with FSX until Afcad, EditVoicePack and TTools for FSX were available, but having just read every item in this forum I am left with a feeling of actual excitement about the mission possibilities.I think I will have to re-visit the on-line retailer who recently sent me an offer for a pre-order FSXSo, thanks to all above regarding this wonderful development and for firing up my enthusiasm for flightsimming again.CheersMike

Guest jboweruk

I know how you feel. I had a hard drive crash and had to re-install, then I was saving up for my new PC and just couldn't stomach 80Gb reinstalls of FS. So I took to the road (virtually) hauling just about everything across the US and Canada and watching the things said on the forums about FSX etc. I had pre-ordered my copy and am eagerly awaiting it to arrive, it was dispatched yesterday so that will be shoved in the drive while I eat dinner tonight then I'll defrag my hdd and finally fire it up on my new PC.I'm safe in the knowledge that if all I can get for all my power is a slideshow I'll just install FS9 over the weekend and shelve it. If I can get the same fps as FS9 then I'll stick with it, and still re-install the old one if only so I can fly my ATR, PMDG's and other complex birds.Here's to the future, and hoping it doesn't disappoint.