Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

Missions <==> SimConnect?

I've seen some posts implying that these two can be programmatically tied. If this is so, which I hope it is, can someone elaborate?Can I get callbacks/events in my SimConnect app? If so, I can influence the mission directly based on my response to these events/callbacks?Further, if this is the case, can I essentially run a mission via SimConnect?I won't have the SDKs until Oct 17 (or thereabouts), so I am hoping someone in the know (ACES team member or knowledgable beta tester) might shed light.Thanks(I am so excited about the possibilities in the new tools).

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>I've seen some posts implying that these two can be>programmatically tied. If this is so, which I hope it is, can>someone elaborate?>>Can I get callbacks/events in my SimConnect app? If so, I can>influence the mission directly based on my response to these>events/callbacks?>>Further, if this is the case, can I essentially run a mission>via SimConnect?>>I won't have the SDKs until Oct 17 (or thereabouts), so I am>hoping someone in the know (ACES team member or knowledgable>beta tester) might shed light.>>Thanks>>(I am so excited about the possibilities in the new tools).So far, all that's in the documentation is a method to complete or trigger a mission event. That means that you can extend a mission to interact with a third party exe or dll, and have the add-on program pretty much return triggers to the mission. I think there may be more in the pipe, but that's certainly a good start.There's actually an example in the SDK that subscribes to a certain event (completing a mission action) and when that happens, fires off a pair of custom mission events.Or, an xml file full of actions and triggers, but they are only activated by a random call in the program. So you run the mission five times, and it's a bit different each time.Best of all, it means things like FSPassengers will be able to tie into the mission system, and on certain events in the mission, would save to a persistant file that tracked your career progress.There's plenty of possibilities, of course, I've got this crazy thought in my head of pylon racing missions using a bit of a weird hack, but, hey, I'm a bit crazy, so it's not surprising.