Sign in to follow this  
dlhusk

Those Crazy Guys at Microsoft!! This is Fun! Tokyo Transport

Carsten, try this: After the mission starts go to options and then display: Set Graphics, Aircraft,Weather,Traffic to "Minimal" and then Scenery to maybe "High" or "med Low". If that fails then just turn autogen off. Sometimes you just have to try what works on different Missions, that is what I do.Danny

Guest Starborg

>Just follow the challenger all the way and you will be fine.>One strange thing about the save games though... If you save>after an animation in the scenery, when the save game is>loaded the animations reset. It's a nasty bug that slipped>through the cracks. If you save really near the end and don't>see a runway, that's probably why.>>Did you see the special Russian vehicle (don't want to spoil>it for others)?I to did notice the runway is missing if you save more then twice, but you are just not able to see it, you can still land on the water if you head for the cave. Dont't veer off left or right as you will fall off.

Guest tmilton

I love this mission, and for that matter, most of the missions included in FSX. They are very entertaining and well written! I also have to say good job MS! :-)

Guest Rob Hirst

Started this mission last night. Great! Although I has system crash when the ekranoplan sailed / flew underneath me! No probs, just rebooted and carried on from the previous save.On the subject of Ekranoplans check out the link below. This guy here in the UK has created RC models of these things. You can buy plans if you fancy building your own!!!http://freespace.virgin.net/home.taylor/

Guest jaycollett

I saved while in the approach for the landing strip at the island and now the runway is gone. I can sometimes get it back by switching from the different views but I'm stuck. Anyway to get it back, even if I have to modify files by hand?Thanks,Jay

Guest Ichinin

I just took that mission and i can say that it was fun and now i got another medal to polish. But i still think that "Secret Shuttle" were more fun, i now regularly use AR51 for testing new aircraft i have downloaded :D

Pure James Bond stuff!Plenty of amosphere, wonderful setup. I landed 1st time but I had to go around 3 times. 1 to get the feeling of the layout, 2 to find out where the runway was (really cunning) and the 3rd time to land. Thank God for the power thrust of the Lear jet to get you out of trouble!!!Alain

Guest Uber Olafsun

Yeah I was using the jet like it was an Extra. After I landed behind the challenger with brakes and reverse thrust I literally became a couple with the other jet. I think I had 3 feet between us.

I really enjoyed this mission.Had to turn down some autogen and other eye candy to make the initial helicopter landing, but after that it was great fun.Will be upgrading my machine soon to enjoy the whole sim more.