Sign in to follow this  
Guest drewhosick

Triggering a command via Lattitude or Longitude?

Guest drewhosick

Hi there,I've been working on a mission and it's fairly lengthy. Anyways, I have nothing to say to the player for probably about 45 minutes of the 2 hour mission. then I need to find a way to say something to the pilot. I know I could put a trigger in saying after 1 hour do this... but I can't really tell where he is in the mission at that point. I was hoping, since he's flying due south, I could put a command in that would notice when he's hit a certain lattitude to send a dialogthingy to him. Is this possible? Or could someone recommend a better approach maybe?

Guest drewhosick

Ok I've found the simvar.Lattitude under a property type trigger.Problem is it won't work. I'm thinking that I'm entering the lattitude in the wrong format... anyone that knows how it should be formatted please chime in.

Guest drewhosick

Finally figured everything out after a little bit of digging around. Thanks anyways.

Guest drewhosick

Thanks. I really wanted to get one in there first. LOL Don't know why but I just had to. I was very impressed though... Only 8 hours to put it together. I had an email today from someone who completed it without issues so it's nice to know there were no hiccups. Next time I'm gonna try and make the wave files lower qual so the file is smaller.