Sign in to follow this  
dlhusk

Need Help Installing SDK

Guest Yyrgn

Hi,first of all: Greetings from Germany !!!About installing the SDK for German users, which use the German version of Windows XP:In the setup procedure the path is written::Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSXFor German Windows FSX will create a folder FSX in exactly this path, but it will not work as there are two folders: "Application Data" and "Anwendungsdaten"; the right path should be:in complete German::Dokumente und EinstellungenAnwendungsdatenMicrosoftFSXMaybe the same for other Windows versions (French, Spanish... etc)Hope that helps (needed two days to figure that out...)Yyrgn

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Actually, you aren't supposed to install it that way, and if you just run the setup.exe it will install to its own separate directory. Then, if you installed to a non-default (either the game or the SDK) then you'll want to run the SDK config.exe off the CD.

Guest archtx

I'm not sure this works exactly for Traffic Tools. There are other tools needed in addition to the dll. I believe the path needs to point to the Traffic Tools SDK.

Guest WOoly

Sad to say, but I STILL can't get the thing to work.xmlfilerc8.jpgI've also tried putting the dll in it's own Micosoft Simulator XSDK folder as suggested above, and tried putting the dll in the root C directory (i.e. C:object_placement.dll).I've disabled all firewalls and virus scanners to no avail.I've just installed FSUIPC 4, and that DOES appear in an add-ons menu in the toolbar.This is very frustrating!

I noticed earlier after I jumped through hoops to get the DLL's in the SDK to work, after I installed FSUIPC4 to FSX it made a Modules folder just like FS9 used to do. Have you tried to just copy the 3 SDK DLL's into the Module folder? maybe that is the easiest way?Good Luck, Danny

Guest WOoly

Thank you friends. I have it working now.I tried putting the dlls in the modules folder, that did not work.It DID work putting by putting them in the newly created Flight Simulator XSDK.. just as mentioned by the previous poster. This was on my second try using that directory structure, so I`m going to assume I had an error in my path syntax the first time.Thanks again for the help and the fix.

Guest Fiddler

Hi,I found it in a different place.Instead of "all users" you need to be looking the user specific area i.e.Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftGive it a try and good luck...

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>Hi here's how mine looks and it works.>><?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>>>> Launch> dll.xml> False> False> > Object Placement Tool> False> False> F:program filesmicrosoft gamesMicrosoft Flight>Simulator XSDKobject_placement.dll> > > Traffic Toolbox> False> False> F:program filesmicrosoft gamesMicrosoft Flight>Simulator XSDKtraffictoolbox.dll> > > Visual Effects Tool> False> False> F:program filesmicrosoft gamesMicrosoft Flight>Simulator XSDKvisualfxtool.dll> > > FSUIPC 4> False> ModulesFSUIPC4.dll> >>>Looks like you hae a few entries wrong fro example>>Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight>Simulator XSDKTraffictoolbox.dll>Shound be>C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight>Simulator XSDKTraffictoolbox.dll>>regardsHi there.I see that you have installed FSUIPC4 as well. I don't know if you are aware but the following link gives information about that particular module. Thought you might like to see it if you haven't already. http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456 I had no real difficulty in getting the SDK configured and loaded for most applications, however I can't seem to get the "SimConnect" to work properly. If anyone out there has it loading properly some guidance would really be appreciated. Thanks.:-) Regards,Mark.

Guest echoindia756

Hi, can anyone help me on the setup for the attach tool, animation manager and the cloud tool? It just won't work! please help!Thanks in advance.

Guest bubber

I tried all of tricks that there are posted here but i can't install the tool. I create the dll archive into C/Documents and settings/ALIAS/Microsoft/FSX putting the path directions correctly. But The FSX doesn't found the .dll-s, so it doesn't load. I'm a bit desesperate because i really want to create my own mission. So, if anybody has the solution, i will be very gratefull with him. thanks guys and bye.

Guest bubber

I tried all of tricks that there are posted here but i can't install the tool. I create the dll archive into C/Documents and settings/ALIAS/Microsoft/FSX putting the path directions correctly. But The FSX doesn't found the .dll-s, so it doesn't load. I'm a bit desesperate because i really want to create my own mission. So, if anybody has the solution, i will be very gratefull with him. thanks guys and bye.

I've gone through Spawn's suggestion and come up with this for my dll.xml file:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalseObject Placement ToolFalseFalseC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSDKObject_Placement.dllTraffic ToolboxFalseFalseC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSDKtraffictoolbox.dllVisual Effects ToolFalseFalseC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSDKvisualfxtool.dllEliteFSXFalseModulesEliteFSX.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllDbs WalkAndFollowFalsemodule_initmodule_deinitDbsDbs.waf.dllThe file is placed in the C:Documents and SettingsKurtApplication DataMicrosoftFSX folder.I am still not getting a "Tools" menu when I go into flight. Yes, I am using FSX in windowed mode.Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200