Sign in to follow this  
dlhusk

Need Help Installing SDK

Thanks, Gunner.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest PeetyGreen

Hey EMB120,Were you able to get your tools menu to display using only the instructions from FSDeveloper (http://www.fsdeveloper.com)?Or was additional tricker involved? Still doesn't appear to be working for me...

Guest Rick_Harris

Hello all - after a full days frustration at trying to get the SDK working I thought I will pass on what I have found:version: FSX Delux and AcelerationOP system VistaAfter much Web surfing and reading of the SDK documentation (such as there is):IF you want to load the SDK then you need to do ALL of the following:The acceleration disk has vr sp2 of the SDk on it BUt this will only load correctly if you do the followingLoad ver 1 of the SDk, update to Sp1a further update to sp2. Vr 1 is on the Delux FSX disc 1, The acceleration disk has sp1a and sp2 on it Sp2 is not marked as such but is the other installed in the SDK folder.

1. Load the SDk from the FSX delux disc 1 - this is ver 1 - NOTE to load into a different disc to C:\ click on options button
  2. Load from the Acceleration disc the SDK SP1a
  3. Load from the Acceleration disc the SDK 2 (not labelled as such but it's the other one in the folder.)
  4. Find and open the SDK folder Open missions folder find dll.xml
  5. Open dll.xml with not pad and modify the path to the object placement tool to point at the correct folder.
  6. save and place this dll.mxl in C:\users\(your user name)\app data\roaming\microsoft\FSX

NOW if all goes well when you run FSX you should have the tool menu in the task bar at the top that you need to create missions.If you want the rest of the SDK loaded then yuo will need to copy the dll.xml information into your user folder as above for each part so that is will load when FSX is launched.Good luck