Sign in to follow this  
Guest Twister

Real Air Sim's next project?

I've been wondering what Real Air Sim are working on now? I haven't heard anything from them since the release of the SF.260.Does anyone know if they are working on any new projects? I've had a look on their site and I can't find anything about future releases?

Hi,Sean and I have been very busy. We both worked for Lago on the recently released Tornado, and I've just completed the flight model work on the Maam B-25 "Briefing Time" (see the Maam forum), but RealAir projects are in the pipeline too.Within the next few days we will release as licence-ware (aka freeware with restrictions)a specially commissioned flight model and adjusted panel textures for the FS2002 C172. This was made for training purposes for a prominent Australian Aero Industry College.Next, we are developing a Decathlon and Amphibious Scout (both taildraggers) for RealAir's next commercial release. The Decathlon is not just a port-over from Fly but is a brand new Gmax model with custom sounds, full aerobatics and a few new features not yet seen in Fs2002.Expect announcements on the above very soon.Best Regards,Rob Young

Thanks for the update Rob, it sounds great!Cheers.

Howdy Rob,I'm posting this mainly to get my cookie back after just upgrading to WinXP over the weekend. Have nearly everything back and working but the scanner is broken :( The Cd burner won't work, and the software to burn CDs in WinXP itself has so far made coasters out of the CD. :( (Another frown). Waiting anxiouly for the C172 flight model, as I fly that in real life. Rest assured that because of that gesture, I will definitly buy the Decathlon. Actually I will buy it anyway, but thanks in advance for the grand gesture of the C172 file. Wish you all would make a complete C172 K,M,orP model. :) Of course that is not economically viable and I understand and support that.Thanks again,Donald E. Donovan

Guest JonP01

Rob,Very much looking forward to the Decathlon, given the formidable reputation RealAir forged with the SF260.

>Next, we are developing a Decathlon and Amphibious Scout >(both taildraggers) for RealAir's next commercial release. >The Decathlon is not just a port-over from Fly but is a >brand new Gmax model with custom sounds, full aerobatics and >a few new features not yet seen in Fs2002. >Any inside info regarding your thoughts of the FS2002 Decathlon flight dynamics verus FLY? :) While FLY produced some dynamics well, I just was never happy with some reactions to stalls & then the break into a spin. It all seemed slow motion with far too much time to think about it. The SF260 "breaks" much faster, which puts some excitement into it!Will look forward to the next project!!L.Adamson

Guest SoarPics

From Rob Young,"Expect announcements on the above very soon."Can't be soon enough, Rob. My SF260 is nearly at its TBO.

HI Larry,I at first thought that Fly gave more opportunities than FS for refining the characteristics you mention, but in fact the more I get "into" FS, the more I see potential for getting things right.But...since I suspect that FS was never designed with either spinning or extreme slipping in mind, essentially we are juggling around with mutually conflicting parameters.In order to spin in FS there has to be a chain of events, or setups, in the airfile which encourage this maneouvre. These parameters are on the cusp of actually ruining other more "normal" flight characteristics, and must be fine tuned so they interefere with normal flight as little as possible.In fact there are more parameters available in FS to help with this than there were in Fly, hence the SF260 being perhaps more successful in this regard. However there is a limit to what you can do and I feel we have stretched the possibilities very close to limits.BTW I would like you to test the C172, if you are willing but I have lost your e-mail address. If you would like to contact me I will be pleased to send you a beta.Regards,Rob

Guest Twister

Hi Rob !An updated 172 with an accurate flight model and an improved panel ?I must be dreaming:-cool I really can't tell you how happy I am about that :-) Thanks a lot :-beerchug Twister

Hi Donsald:"I'm posting this mainly to get my cookie back after just upgrading to WinXP over the weekend. Have nearly everything back and working but the scanner is broken The Cd burner won't work, and the software to burn CDs in WinXP itself has so far made coasters out of the CD. (Another frown)"Downloading and installing new drivers for your CD burner and scanner will probably do the trick for you. That is what I had to do.Good luck,