Sign in to follow this  
Guest LucLegrand

You need to be looking at or closer to the ground !

Guest LucLegrand

With a lot of enthousiasm, i started to read the Mission Creation Tutorial. But, unfortunately, it goes wrong from the beginning ! :-(First of all, i have no Templates tab in de Object Placement Tool. Perhaps i do not need it, but it is a difference with the screenshots from the tutorial ...Second, when i try to create the Mission Metadata in the Objects tab (Step 2 in the tutorial), and want to add 'MissionObject' as Type and 'ScenarioMetadata' as Name and click on the Add-button, i always got this error message :YOU NEED TO BE LOOKING AT OR CLOSER TO THE GROUND !My airplane is standing on the runway, so i do not get it !!Anyone an idea what goes wrong ??

Guest drewhosick

First, don't worry about the Templates tab thingy. I created a mission and had no use for it at the time.Second, they mean your viewpoint. Go into Spot view or something and then make sure you're looking downwards at the ground, try then adding an item...

Guest LucLegrand

I tried everything with cockpit view, spot view, etc, but never looked to the ground. With spot view and looking to the ground, the problem was solved ! Life can be so easy ;-)Drewhosick, thanks a lot !!

Guest WOoly

I had the same message and cured it by looking at the ground. However, when I loaded up the mission, my Cessna was standing on it's nose! Haven't had much time to play around since then, so I'm not really in a panic state yet. Anyone else seen this?

Guest LucLegrand

To create the MissionObject in the Object Placement Tool, you have to look to the ground (= step 2 in the tutorial). But when you save your flight (= step 3 in the tutorial) check that your plane is in the correct position !! Because it's this saved situation that will be loaded when you start your mission ...