Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jean_StCyr

Add custon scenery to mission

Guest JohnnyDev

Hi everybody,I'm currently writing a mission for FSX and I'd like to add some effects in it.As far as I see, the effects are attached to a predefined attach-point in the scenery used by the mission. Thoses sceneries seems to come from the library objects of FSX.Now my question, if I want to enable some fireworks effect to launch near my mission (predefined trigger area), is there any scenery (from the library) that I could use to attach my effects or I need to create my own? Also, how do we attach custom sceneries to a mission?I tried by giving the GUID to the scenery object in the object placement tool but FS don't see the file....Thanks for you help!Have agreat day!Jean

Guest philthy

Too easy: -Add Scenery, GEN_SceneryEffect-Add ACTION, AttachEffectAction - Then in the properties for the effect action: - effectname "effect name here including .fx extension" - attachPointName, attachpt_GenericEffect - Object Reference, The object you added at step 1.Let me know how you goPhill

BTW, we are going to be releasing all of the attach point names soon which will probably help a little.

Guest JohnnyDev

Great, I'll give a try tonight!Thanks for the advice!Jean