Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toucan

Alpine Soaring Mission

Guest Gunner_CAF

There is a large box around the airfield, you can't see it. If you land in a low spot, you fall below the box and it thinks you are landing out. Something must have changed in the terrain from when it was first made that lowered the runway. I modified the box and lowered it in the mission and it works fine.If your not into modifying missions, you can land in the grass in line with the runway. This area seems to be a bit higher, and you will get a mission success.If you like this mission, search for B21's Day 2, Day 3, and Day 4 missions. They are great! Gunner

Guest tripecac

I tried landing in the grass a few times, on both sides of the runway.I like the idea of editing the mission. I have deluxe, which means I have the sdk. Is that all I need? (I've yet to try to use it).Is there a recommended "fsx mission editing for dummies" site or book out that that I can reference? Thanks!

Guest Gunner_CAF

What version of FSX are you using? It looks like this problem was fixed with SP1.------- SP1 Fixes ------MISSIONS: Austrian Alpine Soaring: When User passes finish line and successfully lands on runway they fail the mission------------------------http://www.fsinsider.com/tips/Pages/SP1How...uInstallIt.aspxIf your interested in making missions, you will need to load the SDK. You will need to download the right SDK for the version of FSX you are using. A good place to start is FS Insider: http://www.fsinsider.com/news/Pages/default.aspxYou will find good information in Missions and Multiplayer, and Developers Corner. Another good resource is:http://flightsimulatorxmissions.com/index.phpIt's a new web site. Most of the people from FSXmissions.com are here because FSXmissions webguy has not been around and there have been problems accessing the message board and broken links. This is a good place to get help on missions.Gunner

Guest tripecac

Thanks for the info!I am using FSX Deluxe w/ Acceleration. I didn't install FSX SP1 b/c Acceleration (supposedly) included it. Does that sound right?

Guest Gunner_CAF

That sounds right. I gave this mission a try from a saved point just before crossing the finish line. I landed on the runway and it worked. Gunner

Hi, can anyone help me? My mission 5 in FSX is broken, I CANNOT find ANY lift at all inside the thermals, not around the edges, not around the middle, NOWHERE, I have

FSX SP2 with REX Essential+ OD (Im not opening it during the mission)

Lot of scenery like ORBX Global 1.4 + Vector 1.4, VirtualColX2011, airports in Colombia, planes. and I think thats it. Really. the beebing thing doesnt feel ANYthing anywhere, unless I pitch up drastically, which would make me lose all my speed and fall after

I cant complete the mission