Sign in to follow this  
Guest viking77

adding AIObject

Guest viking77

I was having some great success with my trial mission until I added an AIObject.. a boat.From there on... my sounds would not play.. I assume the triggers simply quit working.Secondly, while the Boat shows up in object view when I add it.. it fails to appear in the mission. Anyone know whats up with this? It doesn't appear that I need to attach it to a trigger..At first it looked like default placement put it on top of my aircraft in the water.. (is there a quick and easy way to move objects a small amount vertically?).. I managed to move it a bit but it still fails to appear in the mission.Which, as mentioned, now appears screwed anyway..

Guest archtx

Have you got all of your waypoints in there? That might be one problem. Or if they are static they should be scenery objects instead of AI objects. If the mission is loading, but no boat, did you check activated "true"? Perhaps if you post the XML someone might spot your error. I know sometimes I can overlook something very simple.

Guest viking77

If I understood the mission document correctly, I only need to add AI to the object, for boat on the sea, "Wanderboat".. and waypoints not needed?

It's been awhile since I did this, but there are a few things to check for.Don't use wanderboat, it's used by the AI system, but won't do what you want in a mission. Use groundvehicle instead and as long as it's on water it will behave like a boat.Do include AI waypoints and make sure no "next waypoints" are too far across the horizon. For some reason if a waypoint is too far away the AI freaks out.Be sure to select all the variables necessary to make the AI functional (I can't remember all of the details off the top of my head).Play with the values for cruise speed, turn speed, and turn time until the boat behaves reasonably. You can look at our missions to try some of the values we have.Be sure there is a sim.cfg for the boat you are using. The boats we used in missions or that move in freeflight mode should all have populated sim.cfg files, but if you are creating a new one, then the AI object will have to have one.

Guest viking77

Thanks!I notice that I can also add objects and save scenery separately from saving a mission. Is there a way to save scenery modules like this that can then be converted to BGL files for general flight rather than specific missions?