Sign in to follow this  
Guest viking77

Force Reload?

Guest viking77

Is there a way to force FSX to reload a mission when you have saved changes while in the game? It appears to reload the old XML and not the changed one, forcing an exit and restart which takes YEARS...

Guest viking77

Ok, after more testing, FS X DOES load the revised XML when you choose RESET. The problem is when I add an AIObject it is messing up the mission. The object doesn't show in the mission AND my sounds stop playing .. (triggers break perhaps)..

Guest archtx

Viking:Have you tried going into the XML and doing some hand-editing? I have had several times when I made deletions, changes in the Object Placer tool and they did not get into the XML correctly. You can look at the sample XML code in from the default missions to see how MS did it.

Guest viking77

Oh, oh, that sounds ominous.. ok, next time I try I'll have a peek into the xml..

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>Viking:>>Have you tried going into the XML and doing some hand-editing?>I have had several times when I made deletions, changes in the>Object Placer tool and they did not get into the XML>correctly. You can look at the sample XML code in from the>default missions to see how MS did it.Hello. I may be wrong or may be misunderstanding something, but I tried to find XML files included in the default missions and they don't seem to be included in the folders. Did MS actually include these original XML files for us to edit?Regards,Mark.

Guest viking77

Yes, the xml versions are included in the mission builder SDK.

Guest archtx

BTW, Viking...did you try the[DEBUG]ReportLoadErrors=1addition to your FSX.cfg file? It can be a pain, as it sometimes causes FSX to lockup, resulting in shutting down from task manager..but it has also helped find several errors. Particularly a trigger with out an associated action.