Sign in to follow this  
Guest echoindia756

How do I create a SPB file for the missions?

Guest echoindia756

Hi guys, does anyone know how to create SPB files for the missions instead of the XML file? I've read the tutorial on creating SPB files but I just can't understand it. Anyhelp much appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Guest sruddy

>Hi guys, does anyone know how to create SPB files for the>missions instead of the XML file? I've read the tutorial on>creating SPB files but I just can't understand it. Anyhelp>much appreciated.>Thanks in advance.I am stumped as wellSimpropcompiler 2spb

Guest sruddy

Well persistence pays off. Thought I had done this exactly (hence my confusion) :) the 2spb flag with the symbols switch "quotes around the long dir name with spaces" with the wildcard *.xml for all the propdefs.example:simpropcompiler 2spb -symbols "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xpropdefs*.xml" somemission.xml somemission.spbbelow is what it looks like cut and pasted from my cmd window....C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKCore Utilities KitSimProp>simpropcompiler 2spb -symbols "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xpropdefs*.xml" JuneauChoper.xml JuneauChoper.spbMicrosoft Corp. SimProp data file compiler and converter 10.0.61206.1Copyright ⌐ 1995-2006 Microsoft Corp. Copyright ⌐ 1995-2006 Microsoft Corp.C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKCore Utilities KitSimProp>simpropcompiler 2spb -symbols "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xpropdefs*.xml" dlggeneral.xml dlggeneral.spbMicrosoft Corp. SimProp data file compiler and converter 10.0.61206.1Copyright ⌐ 1995-2006 Microsoft Corp. Copyright ⌐ 1995-2006 Microsoft Corp.

Guest dcmiller58

Just wanted to thank you, sruddy. I know just enough about progamming to know I know nothing about programming. I lost several hours over the weekend because of this. The quotes did the trick once if learned the .xml file had to be in the same folder as the compiler...LOL.D. Miller

Guest sireland

I had a problem in that I had my FSX directory on my D: drive and I found I had to add the i switch as well. -i tells simpropcompiler to search in other paths for symbols. I guess the simpropcompiler tool is a little fussy!simpropcompiler 2spb -symbols "D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xpropdefs*.xml" -i "D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xpropdefs" mymission.xml mymission.spbI needed the quotation marks around the path.I made a batch file up that does the compilation so I didn't have to copy simpropcompiler into my mission directory and keep on typing in the loooong command line. The batch file has to run in the same directory as the missions xml file. As I said the simpropcompiler tool is a little fussy.Regardssirelandhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184876.zip