Sign in to follow this  
Guest 0001 Airbuspilot

Decoding SPB to XML

Guest 0001 Airbuspilot

Hi Guys,to learn more about Mission Creation, it could be useful, to decompile the Missions, included in FSX. Does anybody knows, if there is a tool, that decompiles the SPB-Files back to XML-Files? Otherwise, is there a Source, where to get the XML-Files according to the Missions? Thanks in Advance for your Answers.Greetings from GermanyJoachim

Guest 0001 Airbuspilot

Hi Paul,thanks for your answer. I have the German Version installed, called Professional Version, and installed all the SDK Files. Can you please tell me, where i.e. Landing in Tellurde, i can find the XML File for this Mission? If i know, where it is, i can load it into Object Placement Tool and analyze, why this Mission is not endable. Also it could help to learn, how the Designers works. Before a few Minutes, i bought FSX-Missions from SimMarket. All the Mission Files are SPB. I need the XML-Files to load into the Object Placement Tool. I cant find them. Therefore, a Decompiler could also be very useful.Thanks again in advance for your Answer.GreetingsJoachim

Guest archtx

US Version:(depends on where you installed and how you named SDK)For me:E:FSX SDKSDKMission Creation KitMission SamplesThere are sub folders there with a total of 54 missions in them. All XML.They are the same missions as in FSX, however, not the same files. The ones in FSX are in spb format. When you load one from Mission Object Placer, browse to the SDK folder instead of the FSX mission folder.Hope that is clear.

Guest 0001 Airbuspilot

Hi Paul,Thank you so much for this Hint. It seems, i